• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it so difficult

Alicia

Mama Doe
to find a friend for Izzy. I hate seeing her on her own :( The rescue's I've contacted either haven't got back to me yet or aren't able to help at the moment, which I understand because they are very busy but I just wish I could find Izzy a friend. No real point to this, I know I just need to keep looking!

Last edited:
I know its not the best idea but have you had a look in the adoption section at your local pets at home?

You will get there, you are doing the right thing all round and "all good things come to those that wait" that applies to both you and Izzy :) chin up.....

Thank you :) I know I just need to wait, it just seems so strange a few weeks ago there seemed to be male bunnies looking for homes everywhere and now its mostly females :lol:
I have thought about pets at home adoption but they aren't normally neutered and although I do have a spare hutch, its not very big and I wouldn't want to keep a rabbit in it for too long

Why can't you have a female x female pair? Same sex bonds can work out just as lovely as male x female :wave:

I have looked on the bobtails website but I don't think they'd rehome to me because I use woodshavings and Izzy isn't vaccinated against VHD. The problem I have is I can't travel too far because my car has a box in it which limits the number of miles I can drive.
I would prefer a male, but I think I'm going to start looking for a female if I can't find a male soon. I haven't been looking very long so I know I just need to look a bit longer but I'm just surprised at how few males there seems to be looking for a home near me at the moment.

I have looked on the bobtails website but I don't think they'd rehome to me because I use woodshavings and Izzy isn't vaccinated against VHD. The problem I have is I can't travel too far because my car has a box in it which limits the number of miles I can drive.
I would prefer a male, but I think I'm going to start looking for a female if I can't find a male soon. I haven't been looking very long so I know I just need to look a bit longer but I'm just surprised at how few males there seems to be looking for a home near me at the moment.

I'd be happy to help with transport :) I live near weybridge. I know arc will bond for you and they're very good at it! (they rebonded my pair of french lops who spectacularly fell out!)

If you can't find any bunnies closer, do contact Alice at Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire. I went to get my Annabella on the train from Alice and it was well worth the journey. Alice has over 100 buns at any one time so I'm sure she would have some bunny that would suit your Izzy.

I'd be happy to help with transport :) I live near weybridge. I know arc will bond for you and they're very good at it! (they rebonded my pair of french lops who spectacularly fell out!)

Thank you very much for the offer its very kind of you :) I'm going to try and find a rabbit a bit closer first, but thank you anyway :)

I've just checked my email again and I've had a reply from a rescue that I contacted recently, their reply went to a different folder so I hadn't seen it :)

Last edited:
Back