• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favorite Breed/Coloring?

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
I was wondering if anyone had a favorite color or breed of rabbit? I like polka-dotted rabbits, such as English Spots or Checkered Giants. I also would love to adopt a Red Rex, though I have never seen one at a shelter near me before :(

Your favorites? :wave:

I'll always have a soft spot for Dutch rabbits, with that being Mumford's breed, and my first rabbit (Mumford) breed.
I also love English and French Angora rabbits (I have a French - Little Lion Man); but actually do prefer English.
Flemish Giants I also adore, and plan to get one. I love just how large they get.

I'm not really picky on color, and not even sure a lot of the names. If I see a good rabbit, doesn't matter the color to me, really! :thumb: But those are my favorite breeds. I'm a fan of down-eared rabbits too, but I've not had experience really with them ... yet. :lol:

I'll always have a soft spot for Dutch rabbits, with that being Mumford's breed, and my first rabbit (Mumford) breed.
I also love English and French Angora rabbits (I have a French - Little Lion Man); but actually do prefer English.
Flemish Giants I also adore, and plan to get one. I love just how large they get.

I'm not really picky on color, and not even sure a lot of the names. If I see a good rabbit, doesn't matter the color to me, really! :thumb: But those are my favorite breeds. I'm a fan of down-eared rabbits too, but I've not had experience really with them ... yet. :lol:

I take it your bunnies were named after Mumford and Sons? :love:

I do love Flemmies, but I would only get one if s/he could have free range 24/7. They are so large I'd hate to confine one for any length of time.

My mom doesn't like lop-eared rabbits as much as uppies because she think it looks like their ears or broken or the top of their head was chopped off :shock: :lol::lol: We might be getting one in August though :roll:

I have a huge soft spot for Netherland dwarf rabbits. In fact, I have three! :lol: I just love their personalities and energy level. They are naughty little brats and they must always be into something or working on a "project." It's hilarious how they always freeze when they're up to no good and I walk by, and then scatter if they realize that I've seen them at it. ("Oh crp, did she see us?" "Yes, RUN!" :lol: )

As for colors, that's a tough one! I like opal a lot, as well as orange, sables/Himalayans, and brokens (any color mixed with white). And of course BEWs (blue-eyed whites) are really striking too. I love mine though, and I call them the monochrome bunch sometimes. I have a silver marten, black, broken grey, and broken black otter. :D

I can go with any color really...but grey, black or magpie are my favorites.
I've always loved lops, but knowing what I do about them now, I do not support the way they have been created. It is so hard on them to have the 'modifications' they do.
I do love Flemmies though. :) Always wanted a bunny big enough to make the cats think twice about getting on my bed! ;)
The minirex has also stolen my heart. There is something different about their personality. Fiver is the most unusual rabbit in my experience. More like a cat or dog in temperament and his relationship to me, whereas my other two are more driven by natural instinct.
I find myself envious of Tamsin's Scamp. He is gorgeous. :love: I believe he's a rehabbed agouti wildie.

Caster Rex-Morses !!

There is and only ever will be one though and I am the luckiest person in the world to belong to him :love:

That's a hard one. I always loved mini lops then I got one :love:
I'd love a wee nethie though the wee teenie ears and squishy faces :)

I'm not bothered about colour what so ever but since I own a lot of dark clothes I'd say black or dark grey :lol:
Two rabbits moulting which have light coloured fluff isn't good :lol:

I adore mini lops but I really like all breeds :love::love:

As for the colour I love the colouring on a silver fox. black on top and white underneath and where they meet it's a sandy brown :love::love:

I have a massive soft spot for Dutch looking bunnies but I love them and will adopt all types. I have only ever had 5 Dutchies in my 11 years of keeping buns but the 18 others we have/had have been other breeds and colours, mostly crosses I think. I don't really mind. I'll always have a Dutch or two along with the rest (mostly agouti actually).

I'm not sure I have a favourite colour though, there are far too many. But I do find amber/ginger, chocolate, silver chinchilla, silver fox, beveren blue and red particularly striking colours.

English lops are my favourite I think, but of course I'd rather they died out as a breed because of the way their ears affect their lives :(

Otherwise, french lops and contis. I like big bunnies! Black, ginger, grey are my favourite colours :love:

I have a massive soft spot for Dutch looking bunnies but I love them and will adopt all types. I have only ever had 5 Dutchies in my 11 years of keeping buns but the 18 others we have/had have been other breeds and colours, mostly crosses I think. I don't really mind. I'll always have a Dutch or two along with the rest (mostly agouti actually).

Dutchies were what first made me fall in love with rabbits! I used to go to the 4H fair and there was girl who bred Dutch rabbits, every year I would sit there and watch the babies. One year she let me hold one of the adults, a lovely brown Dutch who nibbled on my raincoat :love:

Back