• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should be on every rescue centres answer phone.....

I think number 10 is a bit unfair, but I otherwise agree! I would love to care for my deceased relatives animals but I for one could not take my in-laws elderly dog if they died because my hubby and I work full time, it would not be fair. And I couldn't take my mum's cats if she died because my husband has asthma and is allergic!

I think number 10 is a bit unfair, but I otherwise agree! I would love to care for my deceased relatives animals but I for one could not take my in-laws elderly dog if they died because my hubby and I work full time, it would not be fair. And I couldn't take my mum's cats if she died because my husband has asthma and is allergic!

Yeah that's fair enough, I wouldn't take on loved ones cats (sons allergic) and I cant stand dogs so there is no way Id EVER take one in. Also people can develop allergys over time, my Son became allergis to guinea pigs after having them for a few years. x

No 10 is totally justified. it is not a shelters responsibility to take the animal in. You don't have to take the animal in yourself you have to find it a suitable home.

No 10 is totally justified. it is not a shelters responsibility to take the animal in. You don't have to take the animal in yourself you have to find it a suitable home.

But what if someone died suddenly and you couldnt take the animal in? Im not saying it is the responsibility of the shelter obviously, but I couldnt take on certain animals x

You find it a suitable home rather than expect a rescue to do so. I never said you should take it in, I said you should find it a suitable home.

You find it a suitable home rather than expect a rescue to do so. I never said you should take it in, I said you should find it a suitable home.

Would you rather see an animal on Craigslist, Preloved, Gumtree, Facebook, the classifieds, or at a shelter? Especially for small animals they stand a much better chance at an experienced shelter then for free (or a small fee) to whoever wants it. Not everyone has the ability to take care of an animal in the waiting period before it finds a good home and not everyone has friends who'd be willing to take it.

Back