• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run

This might be a silly question but do you leave your buns in their run when you go out? Mine doesnt have a mesh base, its just sat on the grass and pegged down, is this safe to leave them in?

i wouldnt leave mine on grass unsupervised, no. something could easily dig in or they could dig out :shock: my run is on concrete and attached to their shed so they are always able to go in :thumb:

Yes thats what I would worry about. I have just ordered a huge chicken coop with plenty of floor space which will go on the patio, the buns can go out in their grass run when im home. Thanks xx

I do with one of my rabbits. I know for a fact she'd never ever dig out, she's getting on a bit now, and our cats are always in the garden so would protect her, if you like?! The risk of anything ever coming into our garden is so, so low... but I only ever leave her for a few hours. She's been left for a day before but I wouldn't really do that again! Her run isn't even pegged down :lol:

Not a very helpful answer, sorry!:oops::lol:

My rabbits run is attached to their shed and they have access to it 24/7. It has mesh laid on top of the grass on the one end as Lola became a monster for digging the one corner but she's stopped now, might get some more mesh and do the edges if she starts again but it was just that one corner.. Weird!

Thanks for the replies, I might try the puppy pen panel idea as that seems pretty easy and cheap:) My girl doesnt really dig but we have a new boy on the block so don't know about his digging habits yet!

If I'm just nipping out for 5 minutes and my mums in then I'll leave them, but not for any longer than that. The trio have a really tall open top pen but I don't feel safe leaving them in it. It could also possibly be knocked over by a really large dog and there's always a possibility that a dog could escape from someones garden, oh and the gypsies have also been trying to steal the runs whilst I'm out and it wouldn't suprise me if they attempted it again even with the rabbits inside them :evil:

Back