• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lops

Alicia

Mama Doe
Are they giant rabbits? I've seen a neutered french lop male, he's 9 months old, is he likely to get any bigger? Also would my 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch and 6ft x 4ft run be too small for a french lop and mini lop? He's a little bit further away than I wanted to drive but he looks so loooovely :love: I haven't contacted his owner yet I just wanted to find out a bit more and see if my hutch would be suitable first.

Last edited:
Well they aren't as giant as a giant but they are big! Dylan was about 5 kgs.

I'm afraid, in my view, the housing you propose, wouldn't be big enough.

They are very lovely bunnies though. They are so personable and adorable.

I think they are one of the giant breeds, but the smallest of the giants. I wouldn't feel happy witha giant in the size of accommodation you have I'm afraid.

If you are going to keep a Frenchie outside I would say a shed would be the most
Appropriate housing.

I have mine in as house rabbits though and they're amazing :love:

I'm afraid I don't think it would be big enough either as they are big bunnies. I think the breed minimum is about 4.5kg.
Have you got a link? I love to spy me a frenchie :love:

This is Buster my French Lop.

http://mob1324.photobucket.com/albu.../20130215_232735_zps146c6cfc.jpg?t=1364667067

He is just the soppiest bunny ever and more like a dog. Loves being cuddled and falls asleep in my arms. Often when I wake in the morning he is lying right next to me :lol::lol: Very, very laid back bunnies. I think if you have one outdoors it needs to have a shed, and if indoors like Buster, they need their own room. I don't think any hutch would be big enough for these fab bunnies.

Back