• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed bond ***warning injury photos***

Bunsterz

Warren Scout
So we have tried 8 different combination bonds with our bunnies through very experienced people,we have not attempted any ourselves, I think we have just had very bad luck, they have been bonded happily for a few months and then the fighting begins with no change to their routine but the most recent fight was between amber and our litte rescue mini lop Lumiere, they were so happy last Tuesday evening but Wednesday morning I came down to disaster and this being the result, I was surprised such a little mini lop could do so much damage, he has 2 small grazes and that's all, he has aggressive tendencies towards people but seemed very loved up with amber, needless to say they are now separate!! She has been stapled back together and Is on strong pain relief and antibiotics and with lots of TLC and staying inside is very slowly but surely recovering, she is eating a little better now, the bottom picture wound goes under to her abdomen with multiple puncture wounds and she has a torn ear.
1071175_10153062438810088_1715147749_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1075404_10153062439960088_755161713_o.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]
1071612_10153062441390088_1959397013_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm just glad I noticed on the morning because I dread to think what could have happened while I was at work! As soon as I saw problems I took them both into work and clipped what I thought were minor wounds but the more I clipped on her the more I found so I cleaned them all with dilute iodine and stapled the worst wounds :cry:

It was a complete shock as the had been no issues whatsoever, I was concerned at one point we were going to loose her as she wouldn't eat and she was so lethargic/depressed but fingers crossed we have turned a corner :)

Poor wee soul.... noserubs and getwell vibes....

Bunnies can be so fickle.....

Fee xxx

Poor thing! People don't realise how vicious rabbits can be with each other! So glad you could keep an eye on them before it got even worse!

I've just offered her greens, readigrass, pellets...nothing, she won't eat it :( she's eaten a couple of strands of hay but that's it

Is she on pain killers? Might be pain stopping her eating, if she is, maybe offer her some really naughty yummy stuff? Or some fruit or veg?

I'm in shock myself. Poor, poor girl. Oh dear, I hope she starts to feel better soon, she must have been in shock herself. I don't think I would be able to put her with anyone else for fear of her being hurt again, and I wouldn't want to put the other one with anyone else for fear of what damage might be done to the next one. Are you keeping her nice and warm, I'm wondering if she could have some delayed shock, in which case her core temperature will drop dramatically. I just want to wrap her in something really soft, and just cuddle her and make a big fuss of her.

Back