• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny we was hoping to adopt has been paired off at the rescue :(

there is this gorgeous bunny in the rspca in halifax area ( dont know if you live close to it )

CallAnimalImage

I can never understand why some rescues are so keen to pair up their singles. Of course with long term residents it's a sensible idea but each bunny has a better chance of being adopted as a single

I hope you can find another bunny soon :(

Id spent so much effort getting everything ready, Benji neutered, sort the shed etc :( But I understand why they did it. Just mean I have to start at the beginning. Im in the suffolk/ cambridgeshire area x

Thumpers Rabbit Rescue near Ipswich often have a few singles! they're on Facebook so you could message and ask?!

I can't understand why they did this if they knew you were interested - they have 'deprived' one of their rabbits of a forever home. Hope you manage to find another one quickly.

Bunny runs are an option if you see a bun you really like somewhere not-so-close to you! xx
I can get there as I drive, but I would prefer somewhere nearer as its stresful for bun being in th ecar that long, especially Benji who would have to make the trip there and back if they bond for you xxx

I can't understand why they did this if they knew you were interested - they have 'deprived' one of their rabbits of a forever home. Hope you manage to find another one quickly.

I did think that but I guess they had there reasons. I was in regular contact, was on the phone for ages on our first call and sent regular email updates with the progress of the shed etc. Its not like she was having to wait around for me as they had to get her neutered and wait to heal. As soon as that happened they paired her off x

I can never understand why some rescues are so keen to pair up their singles. Of course with long term residents it's a sensible idea but each bunny has a better chance of being adopted as a single

I hope you can find another bunny soon :(

and so randomly. bunnies that look nothing like each other. that doesn't work for me.

Back