• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My horrible neighbours

i heard laughing

i asked what they were laughing for
they said because our bunny just fell down the stairs of the hutch and died

how awful

Er, did that actually happen though or did they just tell you that because you asked and they know you love rabbits? I can't really see a rabbit falling down hutch steps, let alone dying from it, but I could definitely see idiot neighbors saying something like that because they're obnoxious and want to rile you up. :?

rabbits can fall as can anyone, off steps, stairs anything, for them to laugh and joke about it, if true or not is just horrid :cry:

It sounds a bit like they are horrible people trying to wind you up because they know you love bunnies. I hope it isn't true.

That's awful :( I really hope it's not true, although they'd still be horrible people for laughing and lying about such a thing :(

Er, did that actually happen though or did they just tell you that because you asked and they know you love rabbits? I can't really see a rabbit falling down hutch steps, let alone dying from it, but I could definitely see idiot neighbors saying something like that because they're obnoxious and want to rile you up. :?

Harvey fell down his hutch ramp, he does powerful flops onto his side and he was in a new two storey hutch and did his flop on the second floor next to the opening to the ramp, hit his back on the ramp, did a backwards roly poly and landed on his feet. So it's definitely happens. He hurt his hip as well and stopped eating :( luckily some metacam later and he started eating again :) same could have happened to this rabbit, injured, stopped eating and no treatment, which could be a death sentence :(

That's awful :( I really hope it's not true, although they'd still be horrible people for laughing and lying about such a thing :(

Harvey fell down his hutch ramp, he does powerful flops onto his side and he was in a new two storey hutch and did his flop on the second floor next to the opening to the ramp, hit his back on the ramp, did a backwards roly poly and landed on his feet. So it's definitely happens. He hurt his hip as well and stopped eating :( luckily some metacam later and he started eating again :) same could have happened to this rabbit, injured, stopped eating and no treatment, which could be a death sentence :(

Yes, when we got Harry he came with a hutch with a ramp. He also used to struggle with the ramp, fall backwards, fall off the side etc. Dad cut the hutch into two separate ones, used them as guinea pig shelters and we put Harry into a different hutch!

I agree it definitely can happen, especially if the bunny is less than 100% healthy (like Harry).

Back