• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ISO Rabbit Savvy Vet! Rossendale/Bury/Manchester Area!

TheCallyBear

Warren Scout
Hello :wave:

I'm on the search for a rabbit savvy vet in the Manchester Area.
I live in Rossendale, so anywhere in the surrounding areas is great.
I refuse to travel over 40 minutes away, since it stresses Eric out majorly.
But that does give you quite a large area really! :)

Please and thank-you. x

Last edited:
Hope someones able to help! If you put your area in the title it'll help attract people who live nearby :D

Last edited:
Hello :wave:

I'm on the search for a rabbit savvy vet in the Manchester Area.
I live in Rossendale, so anywhere in the surrounding areas is great.
I refuse to travel over 40 minutes away, since it stresses Eric out majorly.
But that does give you quite a large area really! :)

Please and thank-you. x

Hi :wave: I done a quick check online for you for rabbit savvy vets & found on another forum someone said "their is a rabbit savvy vet in whalley range, manchester, and he is fantastic, one of the best. people travel a long way to see him. i take my two there and he has been so fantastic. i would go there if you aren't too far away." Would this be anywhere near you? Hope it helps :)

Hi :wave: I done a quick check online for you for rabbit savvy vets & found on another forum someone said "their is a rabbit savvy vet in whalley range, manchester, and he is fantastic, one of the best. people travel a long way to see him. i take my two there and he has been so fantastic. i would go there if you aren't too far away." Would this be anywhere near you? Hope it helps :)

This was the vets I went to! Ashleigh Veterinary Centre. Though I don't know who I saw, so I'll ring up on Monday and ask!
It absolutely helps. :)

Hiya :wave: I live in Rossendale too! :wave: unfortunately I haven't found any fabulous bunny vets here, but I have been to Ashleigh vets to see Aidan, who I can confirm is fantastic. I don't think you'll find anyone better in this area. It took me almost an hour to get there, not good for stressy bunnies, but worth it for an expert opinion x

Just figured out that you've actually been to Asleigh already. I just wanted to add that if it was Aidan you saw, he can be a little off at first. I didn't really know what to make of him and felt he was laughing at me, which I told him! But I think if you do ask loads of questions and show that you really care about your pets, he does warm to you and eventually explains things very well. I think he gets fed up of having lots of bunnies referred to him by other vets, when they should know what he knows and sort it out themselves - that's the impression I got anyway! I would stick with him if I were you :wave:

Hiya :wave: I live in Rossendale too! :wave: unfortunately I haven't found any fabulous bunny vets here, but I have been to Ashleigh vets to see Aidan, who I can confirm is fantastic. I don't think you'll find anyone better in this area. It took me almost an hour to get there, not good for stressy bunnies, but worth it for an expert opinion x

Just figured out that you've actually been to Asleigh already. I just wanted to add that if it was Aidan you saw, he can be a little off at first. I didn't really know what to make of him and felt he was laughing at me, which I told him! But I think if you do ask loads of questions and show that you really care about your pets, he does warm to you and eventually explains things very well. I think he gets fed up of having lots of bunnies referred to him by other vets, when they should know what he knows and sort it out themselves - that's the impression I got anyway! I would stick with him if I were you :wave:

Ahhh no way!? That's crazy. Yeah, the vets seem to be pretty rubbish around here. :( I have to travel over to Manchester for my dogs too.

Yeah, does Aidan have a hard to understand accent? Because if so, that's definitely him. He did seem very off, like he was almost mocking me.
I told him that the "crust" on his nose was porridge from the morning so he didn't need to worry about that and he just looked at me like
I was insane. I explained that I didn't use milk, just oats and water and he just changed the subject. He also seemed pretty stand off ish.
Ah well, I'm glad it isn't only me! I have really bad anxiety too so I didn't actually say much. Ahhh, I feel awful now! I hope he didn't
feel annoyed at me.

Thank you so much for your input! x

Yeah it definitely sounds like him!! :lol: he is Irish I think. His attitude did really annoy me at first, especially as I was so worried about my little Honey at the time; she'd been admitted to 2 different vets within a week as she was in pain and not eating, but none of them could figure out why. Aidan examined her and immediately noticed lumps in her tummy which shouldn't be there - he was actually the fifth vet to examine her and the only one who noticed :( unfortunately by the time I got her to him it was too late, she was too weak to survive her anaesthetic :cry: but I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He knows what he's talking about xxx

Ahhh no way!? That's crazy. Yeah, the vets seem to be pretty rubbish around here. :( I have to travel over to Manchester for my dogs too.

Yeah, does Aidan have a hard to understand accent? Because if so, that's definitely him. He did seem very off, like he was almost mocking me.
I told him that the "crust" on his nose was porridge from the morning so he didn't need to worry about that and he just looked at me like
I was insane. I explained that I didn't use milk, just oats and water and he just changed the subject. He also seemed pretty stand off ish.
Ah well, I'm glad it isn't only me! I have really bad anxiety too so I didn't actually say much. Ahhh, I feel awful now! I hope he didn't
feel annoyed at me.

Thank you so much for your input! x

i would travel to ashleigh vets if you can because you won't find a better vets than that around here and it's not much more than 40mins ish.

i personally highly recommend aidan. he is amazing! :wave:

Back