• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More poor rabbits for sale

i saw one for a sale and it was in a guinea pig hutch, no food, water or hay. i had a go at them and they deleted all my comments! truth hurts i guess. :evil:

Was just thinking of sending him a message,its on fb. No hay to be seen and looks like shavings in the bedroom bit and nothing but a black mat in the other bit

Was just thinking of sending him a message,its on fb. No hay to be seen and looks like shavings in the bedroom bit and nothing but a black mat in the other bit

If you are going to comment then it is better to do it in a 'friendly' way (as hard as that can be!!), giving some links to the RWAF Rabbit Welfare leaflets. If you post a long rant then the person will just delete you and ignore you. That wont help the Rabbit.

I do know how hard it can be not to go off on one when you see a Rabbit kept in dreadful conditions. But from past experience I have learned that the louder you shout the less people tend to listen

You can always punch a cushion and pretend it is the person and then be sickly sweet to them when you post your advice !!

I just inboxed him with a couple of questions on facebook, are they neutered, vaccinated ect to get him in a conversation. I wouldn't be rude as even though its a shame to keep them like that you have to give them the benefit of doubt that they just don't know, even though its no excuse in my eyes that you wouldn't research about the needs of the pets you have I wouldn't be rude :wave: He hasn't replied yet though

I had to delete all the 'things for sale' groups I was a part of. Hutches, rabbits etc being sold constantly. I argued with most of them. One was 3ft and looked tiny. She said it'd had a giant in and was big enough for 2. So I commented and said its not big enough for anything. She deleted it and reposted it. So I commented again. She commented and then deleted it but my emails notified of what she put. "I know what I'm talking about I've had rabbits for years ya wierdo". Now I'm not a weirdo. I love my animals. And I hate most people. But it annoyed me that she spelt the insult wrong. Nevertheless she didn't repost it but my friend told me she'd advertised it after I'd deleted them all and someone had suggested getting a baby ferret with it.

I wish we could make everyone wanting a pet, whatever type it is, to take a test.

If you are going to comment then it is better to do it in a 'friendly' way (as hard as that can be!!), giving some links to the RWAF Rabbit Welfare leaflets. If you post a long rant then the person will just delete you and ignore you. That wont help the Rabbit.

I do know how hard it can be not to go off on one when you see a Rabbit kept in dreadful conditions. But from past experience I have learned that the louder you shout the less people tend to listen

You can always punch a cushion and pretend it is the person and then be sickly sweet to them when you post your advice !!

Next time I will bite my tongue. Although in the first post to be fair to me I did say advertise it as a base and encourage people to buy a large run.

The two on facebook im joined to they arnt allowed to advertise animals on then but a couple slip through the net. This one looks about 3ft single hutch and they have 2 in there its up in the air and has no run attached. I would imagine if they had a run for them they would be selling that aswell but its just the rabbits and hutch for sale for £40 delivered , he still hasn't got back to me but it hasn't got seen on my message as yet.

The bunnies are sold, I said I hope the new owners are getting them a new hutch as that one is too small for one rabbit let alone two, he said they had a run soooo. Not going to reply im just hoping they have gone to a good home :(

Back