• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to keep a single rabbit happy?

Alicia

Mama Doe
When Archie was here, Izzy was never really that bothered by me being around, but since Archie's died she's so friendly and it makes me sad because I think she's lonely. She binkies when I sit by the run and when I'm in the house if I look out the window she's always just sat in the corner. I'm spending as much time with her as possible but I know it's not the same as living with another rabbit. Is there anything else I can do/give to her to keep her entertained or busy?

Bramble now lives indoors with us. After health problems we had to seperate him from Bungee and bring him in as a housebun. He seems to love it! He is quite happy just to snooze under the dining room table in the day, and then at night he bites on the bars of his baby gate untill we let him in the front room with us.

He has a little cuddly bunny (Hoppy), who he does all sorts of things too :oops: He does love her though and he grooms her and snuggles up to her. Also toys keep him occupied, boxes, tubes, balls etc....

Poppy is indoors now, but she has nearly always had a big teddy to cuddle with and groom. She has quite a few now! :)

Hiding food and some forage boxes? Hanging herbs and things from the top of the run?

Thank you, I was going to give her a teddy of some kind but I didn't know if she'd chew it or what teddy would be safest in case she did chew it. I got her a few toys/treats this morning too :)

Charlie had a baby bunny to start with as she is a chewer but I gave her a bear this morning and she's been snuggling with him :love:

Thank you, I'll find a teddy for her :) I normally scatter her pellets round her run, but I'll try putting them and some herbs in a box or paper bag

Last edited:
Smokey is an indoor bunny now. We lost Inky when he was 9 and Smokey is now almost 10, I don't think she would cope with the stress of re-bonding and I don't think I could cope either.

She really has taken on a new lease of life indoors:D. She has the run of the hall, with a 4 foot hutch as a base and a cardboard box to destroy, plus twigs and baskets. I hide food in various places to encourage her to forage. She also has a snugglesafe heatpad wrapped in a fleece blanket each night because I figure it is like snuggling up to another rabbit then.

I would not rule out a female companion. They have a much chance of working as any other.
:wave:

As for a teddy. I just go to a local charity shop and look through their teddies for one of the right size that does not have pellets (it should all feel like stuffing). Then if she does chew it and it opens there is nothing danerous inside. :D

A companion is always best for your bunny, but Bramble does love Hoppy too :love:

1ok7.jpg

Back