• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie would like some vibes if there are any spare please

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
He refused food this morning and was very lethargic with tiny poops - he even sat on my lap without trying to escape, which was a sure sign something was wrong. :( They can't find anything specifically wrong so are treating him for stasis; he's been at the vets all day but still hasn't pooped there and isn't eating for himself so he's being kept in overnight.

It hasn't been a great week for my furries so my nerves are a little frazzled at the moment. Skye (cat) had to have an ultrasound on Weds as the vet picked up a heart murmur at her vaccination check up - she has mild hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (think I've got that right :oops:) but it's not causing any concerns at the moment so fingers crossed it stays that way. She also needed a tooth taken out but, on closer examination when she was under, they needed to remove another two and said she's likely to have more dental problems in the future. :cry:

Sending mega mega vibles for Alfie.

Sorry to hear abut Skye. My cat had a murmur for years and never had any serious issues, so hopefully Skye will be fine.

Come on Alfie... get well vibes being sent !!!!...noserubs for you too....

Karen. Chin up....hope everything goes ok for your precious furries...xx

Fee xx

Oh no, not Alfie :( I assume he's had fluids and pain relief too? I really hope he picks up soon.

For Skye, I wouldn't be surprised if the heart murmur was due to the dental issues, it's quite common for bacteria to travel from the mouth and settle in other places especially heart muscle, so you may find that it clears up or gets better at least now she's had her dental.

Big hugs x x x

Thank you all. :love: When I popped in to the vets to see him a couple of hours ago, he had done some very tiny poops and was trashing his cage so at least there's been a little improvement.

Santa, he's had the works meds-wise. :thumb: Thanks for the info about Skye's heart issue, that's good to know. The vet wasn't overly concerned as it's very minor and she isn't showing any symptoms so it's just something to be aware of for now, thankfully, but the teeth themselves are more of a worry.

Glad Alfie is feeling a bit better :)

Salem has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and he's coping fine on the bucket of tablets that he's on. :) There are some good drugs out there for Skye if it gets worse.

Sending lots of vibes for Alfie and Skye xx

Back