• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somethings tried to get at Humphrey

I'm not sure what's happened but I went outside and the mesh lid of humphreys run was caved in with a huge hole. Luckily he's ok but shook up. Something has obviously jumped on top of the run causing the mesh to dip and break. Iv fixed it as best I could by putting new mesh on and wood across. I can only think it was a fox or my sisters dog who was here. My dogs are fine with the rabbits and ignore them. I'm quite shook up and don't really know what to do, Humphrey is fine just unsettled and at least he's safe. there was a blue tarpaulin on the tip of the run as well so no bird could have seen him from above.

Could of been a fox, or the dog as you say.

So glad he was in a run, not free-ranging!

Hope he's okay :)

I'm quite scared about tonight though, I'll be locking him in his hutch so he can't have access to the run but if its a fox I expect it will return and whilst it can't get to him now I'm worried he'd panic due to being able to see/ smell it. On the other hand I don't want to bring him in and stress him even more although he doesn't mind being inside after a while. :?

In all honesty I wouldnt put him back outside unsupervised at all until you have either totally reinforced his hutch and run or bought/built a shed. As you say if it was a fox it will be back and now that it knows there is something there it will try harder. I think stress is much better than the possibility of being attacked.

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately my mum doesn't want him in the house. He's fine now, eating as normal and no longer showing signs of stress. I want to bring him in and will ask one final time but if not I doubt I'll get much sleep. Luckily we've just started building another shed which he will be going in.

Back