• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxie went to the vets :D New treatment..

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
Foxie's snuffles has been acting up due to the heat, and thanks to things I have previously read on RU and advice from my thread in Health we took him to a very rabbit savvy vet in Gloucester. We previously took him to the Wood Veterinary Group to be castrated but the stress caused too much sneezing for them to be comfortable going ahead. This time we took him to see Jason at Wood Veterinary Group who was absolutely fab! He talked us through every possible treatment, explained snuffles really well so I actually understand it now, and he was in no rush (we were in there for over half an hour!). He also bigged up rescues which is always great :D

We have cultures on the way, Metacam, Bisolven and we will get some antibiotic injections when the cultures get back on Wednesday.

I'm putting this in rabbit chat rather than health because I just wanted to share what an absolute angel Foxie was! He fell asleep on my arm in the carrier like last time, then came out at the vets and sat good as gold for listening to his heart, lungs, looking at teeth, swabbing nose. He sat as good as gold on the scales too :D

Jason said his teeth were beautiful, his weight and shape were perfect (1.9kg), and he was in very good condition overall except for the snuffles! There is nothing in his lungs, no sign of complications from his compromised immune system, and the snuffles (although it's acting up atm) isn't that bad.

Then Foxie came home and took his medicine like a pro! In fact he seemed really keen on the Metacam :lol:

Very proud of him, and of myself for keeping him at a good weight and condition! :love: I gave RU a mention for the excellent recommendation :thumb:

What a good lad Foxie is :love:

Morse absolutely LOVES Metacam, I have to be careful he does not eat the syringe too :shock: :lol:

What a good lad Foxie is :love:

Morse absolutely LOVES Metacam, I have to be careful he does not eat the syringe too :shock: :lol:

Hahaha, oh bless Morse :love:
I was so surprised! They said when they gave us Septrim that rabbits usually like it, but Foxie didn't! So when they said the Metacam was flavoured and rabbits like it I thought 'Yeah right! :roll:' but he really does!

Yay, Jason really is wonderful isn't he :D

My last two visits we've been in the consult room for over an hour :shock: He's so thorough!

Yay, Jason really is wonderful isn't he :D

My last two visits we've been in the consult room for over an hour :shock: He's so thorough!

Haha, it was so funny! My mum and I kept looking at each other and smiling, he had absolutely no hurry to get us out of there. He listened to Foxie's lungs for longer than the whole appointment usually lasts at other vet clinics :lol:

Thanks for letting me know he works at Longlevens too :thumb: I don't drive so my parents have to drive us to the vets and although they love the rabbits they don't really see how one vet can be superior to others- especially as they really disliked taking two hours out of the day to go to Quedgely (understandably!). When you said how great Jason was and recommended the cultures I really pushed Wood Vets with my parents and they are so pleased we went there now! :)

Back