• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when is this heat going to end?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Now it's hedgehog's turn to start having his little seizures and stop eating :(

Once again the garden was over 30° by 9am. I constantly feel awful now with headaches and dizziness so can only imagine how the bunnies feel :(

The forecast for the next week is looking cooler, with some showers. Don't know how accurate that it.

Hopefully your bunnies can hold on until then! Sending them lots of cooling vibes!

Hannah :)

Now it's hedgehog's turn to start having his little seizures and stop eating :(

Once again the garden was over 30° by 9am. I constantly feel awful now with headaches and dizziness so can only imagine how the bunnies feel :(

Poor little hedgehog, fingers crossed that he improves very soon.

Like you Liz, I've been having headaches and dizziness and an upset tummy. I hope you feel better soon too.

I think that it is meant to start cooling down over the next week............................pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!

Take care. x

Hate this weather, been doing everthing to keep buns cool, made them shade in the garden out of chairs and blankets, bowls of water with ice cubes in all round garden, frozen 2 litre bottles of water for them to lie near, misting their ears with cold water doing all this mine have been coping fine, but its a full time job keeping them cool!

Sending vibes for Hedgehog! It may take hours in the air conditioning for him to feel comfortable and start eating again. My animals are all like that, and if I have to be out in the heat at all I find myself not eating during the day as well.

Out of curiosity, when does it usually cool down for you guys? Is July usually your hottest month?

My Dylan (angora) is suffering terribly too :( poor fella. He a house bun and in the coolest part of the house but the weights dropped off him :( he's drinking plenty and we doing everything we can to help him stay cool. The other buns are coping remarkably well but with his thick angora coat coupled with grieving for his mate (6 weeks ago) and his age (10) he's having a pretty rough time of it :( hope hedgehog feels more comfortable after been in the air con :) xx

So much for it being cooler today, it's still 35°!

But hoggsie is home, although he doesn't seem up to much at the moment :(

Back