• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghhh soo frustrated...

Liquorice

Mama Doe
Sorry this is more of a ramble ,

My mum is just getting on my nerves. I can't get through to her about anything. My bunny needs a friend, she hasn't been vaccinated for 1 year and 6 months and lods more. I wish I could get through to her but its like talking to someone who knows nothing about bunnies :evil: it's so annoying. I need someone to understand and help me take her to the vets. I wish I could :censored: drive her to the vets myself but then I wouldn't have the cash. Arrrghhh :censored:

Sorry about that. Just needed to really get it out of me else I'm going to scream at my mum :oops:

Sorry if this is in the wrong section :oops:

Last edited:
Can you print off some information and show it to her (you may have already done this!) and show her the benefits of vaccinations/spaying and getting a friend? You're quite young aren't you? Could you offer to put some pocket money towards stuff?

Can you print off some information and show it to her (you may have already done this!) and show her the benefits of vaccinations/spaying and getting a friend? You're quite young aren't you? Could you offer to put some pocket money towards stuff?

I'm 12 and I offer to buy things for her with my own money but my mum just says don't bother and I have already shown her many threads that we have created to show her the benefits of vaccs and getting a friend.

It's like talking to a brick wall :evil::evil:

Could you print this off and show her?
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/vacination28.8.07.pdf
And tell her that a new vaccine was released last year, which means the bun only needs one vaccination a year, just the one. You can call your vets and find out how much it costs, anything from £15-£30 or so for the vaccine at the moment. Are you able to save that up?

I only get £1 a week but I should be able to find the money. I just hope it will get her to let me buy it off her . She has been a very healthy bunny ,touch wood, but I'm getting worried now as she has been outside without the injection :( I'm going to show her that leaflet

I'm sorry you're having trouble convincing your mum, it's so difficult when you have to do everything by your parents' wishes! Fingers crossed you can come to an arrangement with your mum :) Liquorice is very lucky to have an owner who wants the best for her :)

I'm 12 and I offer to buy things for her with my own money but my mum just says don't bother and I have already shown her many threads that we have created to show her the benefits of vaccs and getting a friend.

It's like talking to a brick wall :evil::evil:

Aww bless, your only 12 & so sensible when it comes to your bunny. Your Mum should be very proud of you taking responsibility for your rabbit :D printing out or showing her a few things on the internet about vaccs may help her understand.

Liquorice, there is a younger member than you on RU and sadly her two bunnies bought from a pet shop died a few weeks ago.:cry::cry: Now she and her Gran have been round to see me and chat about adopting a pair of bunnies from Windwhistle. We have discussed all the important things about caring for bunnies, vaccinating them included. Perhaps you could mention this to your Mum and try to emphasize the fact that you are willing to do some jobs to get some money to help your bunny and also the fact that another young member has the support from her Mum.

I'm pretty sure that I am older than your Mum, but if she wishes to pm me and find out more about keeping rabbits and discussing your passion for them, feel free to mention my offer.

Best of luck.

Di.

Thanks for everyone's lovely, helpful comments. I'll be sure to try out all the different ways to show my mum why vaccs and a bunny friend are important :wave:

Liquorice, there is a younger member than you on RU and sadly her two bunnies bought from a pet shop died a few weeks ago.:cry::cry: Now she and her Gran have been round to see me and chat about adopting a pair of bunnies from Windwhistle. We have discussed all the important things about caring for bunnies, vaccinating them included. Perhaps you could mention this to your Mum and try to emphasize the fact that you are willing to do some jobs to get some money to help your bunny and also the fact that another young member has the support from her Mum.

I'm pretty sure that I am older than your Mum, but if she wishes to pm me and find out more about keeping rabbits and discussing your passion for them, feel free to mention my offer.

Best of luck.

Di.

Thanks for the offer:wave: ill see what my mum says

Back