• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First trip to the vets with Frankie - eventful!

So I posted on here a few days ago about Frankie and would he calm down after neutering etc.
Today I take him in and the vet is checking him over and goes off to get another vet for a second opinion.

Frankie is a girl - good job I chose a name that I could say is short for Francesca lol.

She's come home with a dressing on her ear from the drip and I forgot to ask the vet how long it has to stay on for. If anyone could help me that would be great. Also what is the worming stuff called? The vet told me and I know it begins with a P but I can't remember what it is.

I bought her home earlier and sat on my bed and had cuddles with her before putting her in her home. She even let me brush her and when I put her in her home she let me stroke her :)

P is for Panacur.

Sorry for short reply as just noticed this before off to bed.

Sending Francesca healing vibes.

Sleep tight. :thumb:

I just got my bunny spayed

Good thing you got her gendered huh! :)

I'm afraid I can't help with when to take the drip out, but as Frankie is a girl,mi strongly recommend getting her spayed, even if there were no behavioural worries. Does can very easily (I think it's an 80% chance) contract various types of cancers and other problems if they aren't spayed, and I guess that is a whole lot worse then spaying. I just got my bun Smokey spayed last week, and while I felt horrible for putting her through that, and she was touch and go since she decided she didn't want to eat for 36 hours after (I swear I sprouted grey hairs and I'm only 19!) I kept telling my self that this would be miles better then her getting all those horrid illnesses later in life.

Let us know how you get on! And best wishes,
Darcey and Smokey :)

Whoops

I just realised I completely misunderstood your post, I'm so sorry!
I would just keep an eye oh the drip, and make sure she is eating!
Sending vibes to you both, and sorry again for my useless post earlier! (Maybe its time I got some sleep!)

Neither was my bun

She did end up getting spayed. She isn't happy with me at the moment bless her

Give it time, while I was worried about Smokey, and posting lots of threads for advice, someone told me to give her some fenugeek crunchies. I had never heard about them before, (I'm kinda new to bunnyhood) and she absolutely loves them. She was back to grooming me I no time, though not quite as much as before, but as I am not force feeding her food, water and meds anymore, I'm hopeful we will be back to best friends soon!
Lots of fresh veg and herbs helped too! I don't think you can give them crunchies until a week or so after their operation, but I'm not sure!

Hope this helped!

She has eaten some hay and had some more water so i'm happier and less worried now lol. I have to do her meds again soon. Getting hold of her last night to do them was harder than getting her to have the syringe lol

Back