• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits are stressful. ..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
For animals that are 'sold' as cheap and easy pets, they can be very expensive and stressful!

Charlie was spayed yesterday and is currently in a small puppy pen in the back room. No noise etc. She's been drinking and done a lot of wee but poops? Nope! No poops, no obvious signs of eating pellets (Which were counted :oops:) or hay although she has been moving around.

Vets later! Good job it's a Thursday so we can see our usual vet :) She's the only one who has seen Charlie so knows her pretty well now :)

Will ask for some more metacam to take home just in case, I imagine she will have some kind of gut stimulant or something.

Poor Charlie, 3 vet trips in a week. Probably more than she's had in her 8-12 months on this planet!

So.. if anyone finds one of these cheap and easy pets just let me know! :lol:

Tell me about it! I've had the dog in my life 10 years and I've never worried half as much with her! Hope whes okay!

But but but.... They have cute fuzzy faces and amazing personalities and funny little traits and fluffy tails! So it all balances out and makes it worth it in the end :p it is awful when they're ill, but when they start to get better and start going their normal cheeky behaviour again it's one of the biggest reliefs I've ever felt and makes me so happy :)

I hope Charlie feels better soon, silly bunnies being so fragile and causing so much stress!

Tell me about it! I've had the dog in my life 10 years and I've never worried half as much with her! Hope whes okay!

We were taking the cat to the vets last month for about 3 weeks as she had an infection, did I worry? Nope! I don't even know what it is about the rabbits but if they're not acting how they usually are I start going all panicky :lol:

I'm remaining calm though as our vet will help her, my bf is in a tizz so I'm trying to be the big 'man' and just be chill :lol::lol:

But but but.... They have cute fuzzy faces and amazing personalities and funny little traits and fluffy tails! So it all balances out and makes it worth it in the end :p it is awful when they're ill, but when they start to get better and start going their normal cheeky behaviour again it's one of the biggest reliefs I've ever felt and makes me so happy :)

I hope Charlie feels better soon, silly bunnies being so fragile and causing so much stress!

I suppose so :lol: With mine it seems to be that they all need the vet at the same time though which makes me worry even more :lol: Poppy's toe went funny, Charlie's spay, Donny needed checking over because he became really floppy :shock: it was the heat again and Kerbie and Leo need an MOT next week .. :lol: It would be nice if it was spread out instead of one big bill but.. whatever :lol:

I just wish they could tell you what's wrong and what they want/need. Would save some a bit of dollar then too :lol: although.. 6 rabbits who could make verbal noise (not just through fear and pain) might push me over the edge :shock::lol:

Does Charlie like herbs? Pellets were the last thing mine started eating again, but they were tempted by basil and mint, and their favourite, weeping willow. Hope she feels better soon.

Does Charlie like herbs? Pellets were the last thing mine started eating again, but they were tempted by basil and mint, and their favourite, weeping willow. Hope she feels better soon.

Ooooohh yes! I'll text my bf to go and collect some dandelion leaves for her, (her favourite things!) I *think* I gave her some parsley once.. can't remember but I could tell him to get some hawthorn too :D She loves those fibafirst things, but hasn't touched them so maybe something softer may tempt her.

With Poppy and Lola they ate their pellets so I didn't have to tempt them with anything, this is new grounds for me! A stubborn bunny :shock: :lol:

Poor DH had to go to Tesco 3 times and buy big basil plants, they devoured them! But yes. mine are stubborn little things too.

Basil is the only thing that gets mine eating again after an op! I've started home growing it now just in case any of them stop eating haha :lol: I know what you mean about stress though, I'm currently in a stress about bonding mine in a few weeks, and then I have to figure out where they're going to live as of September :shock: (whether they stay at home or come back to uni with me).

Poor DH had to go to Tesco 3 times and buy big basil plants, they devoured them! But yes. mine are stubborn little things too.

:lol: the things we do!

Basil is the only thing that gets mine eating again after an op! I've started home growing it now just in case any of them stop eating haha :lol: I know what you mean about stress though, I'm currently in a stress about bonding mine in a few weeks, and then I have to figure out where they're going to live as of September :shock: (whether they stay at home or come back to uni with me).

Reeeally wish they were easy animals! :lol: I'm also stressing about housing arrangements for Charlie :lol: she's getting a shed but with the vet bills it's been put back for another few weeks so we can build up a few more weeks wages :lol: then we'll have enough for the shed, lino, mesh etc! :roll::lol:

For animals that are 'sold' as cheap and easy pets, they can be very expensive and stressful!

Charlie was spayed yesterday and is currently in a small puppy pen in the back room. No noise etc. She's been drinking and done a lot of wee but poops? Nope! No poops, no obvious signs of eating pellets (Which were counted :oops:) or hay although she has been moving around.

Vets later! Good job it's a Thursday so we can see our usual vet :) She's the only one who has seen Charlie so knows her pretty well now :)

Will ask for some more metacam to take home just in case, I imagine she will have some kind of gut stimulant or something.

Poor Charlie, 3 vet trips in a week. Probably more than she's had in her 8-12 months on this planet!

So.. if anyone finds one of these cheap and easy pets just let me know! :lol:

Mak, he's cheap.. :lol: Never gets ill...*touch wood*

Lola (Chicky) cost me over £10,000 at the vets alone in just 5.5years.
Gracie cost me £1200 (again at the vets alone)in less than a year after we adopted her :lol:

Wouldn't change them for the world though.

Heck I'd pay all the money again if it meant Lola was still here :love::love:

:lol: the things we do!

Reeeally wish they were easy animals! :lol: I'm also stressing about housing arrangements for Charlie :lol: she's getting a shed but with the vet bills it's been put back for another few weeks so we can build up a few more weeks wages :lol: then we'll have enough for the shed, lino, mesh etc! :roll::lol:

I wish I could get a shed :( I'm not allowed one at home and there's no room at my uni house. I need to see if they'll bond as a trio before I decide anything though. Stress! :lol:

Mak, he's cheap.. :lol: Never gets ill...*touch wood*

Lola (Chicky) cost me over £10,000 at the vets alone in just 5.5years.
Gracie cost me £1200 (again at the vets alone)in less than a year after we adopted her :lol:

Wouldn't change them for the world though.

Heck I'd pay all the money again if it meant Lola was still here :love::love:

Compared to that ours are actually fairly cheap then! :lol: I counted the receipts from the past year and 2 months (with a few missing) and it came to about £1100 for all 6, not including the £40 on hay a month! :lol: and any toy/s I buy them :oops:

Donny, Lola and Kerbie are my healthy buns. But Donny just costs loads because he has his 'moments' which always turn out to be nothing! Better safe than sorry I suppose :lol:

I wish I could get a shed :( I'm not allowed one at home and there's no room at my uni house. I need to see if they'll bond as a trio before I decide anything though. Stress! :lol:

I do love sheds as bunny housing, but they're slow to put up and sort out :evil: I just want it done and I want it done now! :lol:

My parents kept saying no to a shed, then my mom just said yes one day as it would look nicer and she's happy with it :D

I do love sheds as bunny housing, but they're slow to put up and sort out :evil: I just want it done and I want it done now! :lol:

My parents kept saying no to a shed, then my mom just said yes one day as it would look nicer and she's happy with it :D

We already have three sheds, a chicken coop and dog kennels so they're set on a no :evil: To be honest I think they'll end up coming to uni with me this year.. Cupcake and Pud possibly outside, and Nahla inside. If they bond as a trio it'll make things easier but it's quite unlikely! :lol: Luckily I have a very understanding landlady.

Back