• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutch warehouse vs Ryedale Hutches

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
These people
http://www.rabbithutchwarehouse.co.uk/hutches.php

Does anyone have any experience with them, and would you recommend them? I'm looking at the HUGE Triple Grand Villa Jumbo Hutch 2ft Deep With Added Height, but I would like some honest opinions before I commit, especially after the farce I had with my last two hutches...

:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
I purchased these for my piggy boarding shed, I've got the 5x2x2.

The company was fine to deal with, delivery was a day later than originally planned but they kept me informed (someone had pinched their lorry!!) and were very helpful putting the hutches where I wanted them.

I love my hutches, they are easy to clean and there aren't too many areas inside to be nibbled. The only thing I would say is that I wouldn't like to keep them outside, although the main part of the hutch is wooden T&G (back is ply) they aren't anywhere near as sturdy as my Happy Hutch hutches and I'm not sure how long they would survive outside without a cover on them.

they delivered my hutch days before they said they would I was on holiday and found it in the front garden and it could have easily been stolen, they messed me around with the delivery price and charged me much more than quoted, personal I would look up people nearer to home

i have 2 of the 2 storey 5footers with extra depth

i think they are great hutches really big and solid i asked if they could convert the bottom door to 2 single doors instead and they charged an extra £10.00 which is very reasonable.

delivery was on a sunday and arrived at 6am they did leave it in the front garden but to be fair they had told me it would be delivered between 6am-6pm.

I don't think that's all that good to be honest, if I'm looking at the right one, it's only 68" high which in spite of it being called 'extra height' actually works out at less than the recommended 2ft height per level, as 2ft per level would be 72" before any legs at the bottom were added!

I also dont think the layout is very helpful to cleaning, it doesn't look to me as if the whole of the front opens and there is part of the mesh panel which is fixed, making it much harder to give it a really thorough clean. I don't know how tall you are but I also reckon it would be a bit of a job to be cleaning out the top storey while also having to bend round the side because the whole front doesn't come off.

Personally I wouldn't buy it, sorry!

well they are more than big enough for my 2 rabbits and cleaning is easy especially with lino on the floors and you ask them to change the doors on the top but theres really no need

I ordered a hutch and run from here and I'm really pleased with the quality. They made it exactly to my specifications and delivered it as promised. I had the hutch outside all winter, covered by scratch and Newton covers and the hutch is as good as new

So I think if I wait a while I should be able to afford a Ryedale hutch.

Are they really that good? It's £200 more expensive than the one from rabbit hutch warehouse so it's a LOT of money.

Also, if I were to get a 6ftx2ftx5ft 3 tier hutch, with a 6x4ft run, how many buns could this housing take?

I will probably get another 6x4ft run added at a later date, but not until I work out how a run-around will work in my garden. :lol:

Last edited:
Do the ryedale hutches come ready weather-treated?

The people at the rabbit hutch warehouse are so helpful and willing to make changes to a hutch for very little money, and it's so much cheaper than the ryedale, especially when it will be such a logistical nightmare when we move in a couple of years.

I'm really in a quandary. :?

Last edited:
the rabbit warehouse hutches are great value for money i would never pay another £200 just to get a ryedale that is just too much money for a rabbit hutch mine are solid the backs are plywood but all hutches need covers and they are not cheap so the money you save on the RW hutch you could get a good cover.

i have the biggest sized litter tray in the bottom floor and there is still lots of room.

Last edited:
WOW just found this "little" gem

579578_556088651088870_976763625_n.jpg

It's 8ft long and 3ft wide... only £250 and locally built!!!!! OMG! I may have to snap that up! I can even get custom runs and what-not with it!

Last edited:

It's 8ft long and 3ft wide... only £250 and locally built!!!!! OMG! I may have to snap that up! I can even get custom runs and what-not with it!

Wow, looks great. Was going to say something that is joiner built locally might be your best bet, you can have a look at examples to check its good quality, and make your own specifications then :thumb:

The hutch you are looking at looks good for the short term (i.e. a couple of years). Especially if you are thinking of moving it may be the best option. However if you want something for the long term I would definitely recommend a Ryedale hutch. I like you contemplated spending the extra money and instead opted for a Rabbit Shack hutch (which looked the best quality for that price range at the time £150 + £150 extra for covers, insulators etc) However less than 3 years later (probably starting after the first 6m) it started to fall apart and was no longer fit for purpose (I look after them well too!) So in the end I opted for Ryedale and spent approx £390 on hutch + shutters, stairs etc but trust me it is well worth it when you get it, the quality is amazing and the wood is so thick you would never need to insulate. They do recommend treating the outside each year (for maximum benefit) but he said he has had people who don't treat them and after 7 yrs they are still looking strong.

Perhaps buy the one you are looking at for now and then you may consider investing in a Ryedale when you move.

Hope this helps
Compass

The hutch you are looking at looks good for the short term (i.e. a couple of years). Especially if you are thinking of moving it may be the best option. However if you want something for the long term I would definitely recommend a Ryedale hutch. I like you contemplated spending the extra money and instead opted for a Rabbit Shack hutch (which looked the best quality for that price range at the time £150 + £150 extra for covers, insulators etc) However less than 3 years later (probably starting after the first 6m) it started to fall apart and was no longer fit for purpose (I look after them well too!) So in the end I opted for Ryedale and spent approx £390 on hutch + shutters, stairs etc but trust me it is well worth it when you get it, the quality is amazing and the wood is so thick you would never need to insulate. They do recommend treating the outside each year (for maximum benefit) but he said he has had people who don't treat them and after 7 yrs they are still looking strong.

Perhaps buy the one you are looking at for now and then you may consider investing in a Ryedale when you move.

Hope this helps
Compass

But the biggest 2 tier hutch with run is £100 more than this one, and both run and hutch are 2ft shorter...

Last edited:
But the biggest 2 tier hutch with run is £100 more than this one, and both run and hutch are 2ft shorter...

Space is definitely the most important thing. The No. 19 hutch which we bought is 4ft x 5ft x 3ft wide and is big but then they also have a massive runaround system and free run of our garden. I think if you are moving in a few years then the one you are looking at is probably best. The Ryedale hutches are pretty much a smaller shed (although better built than a lot of the sheds we've ever had!) and they are not easy to move around. Whatever you decide will be fine so long as they are well loved and have lots of free space to do binkys they'll be fine :)

Back