• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Older bunny boy needed and wanted in Scotland.

fiona3

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, I haven't posted on the forum for a long time although i always check out whats going on.

I lost my beautiful boy Nutmeg at the beginning of the year after a long battle with his dental disease. Despite his terrible mouth and constant problems he lived to be 5 years old but passed away from an infection after an operation. His friend of 4 years Hazel has been on her own since. Hazel is a big bossy girl but i know she misses company and bossing Nutmeg around. I decided to wait until the spring for the lighter nights and to see how Hazel got on on her own before trying to bond a new boy with her. I feel she would be much happier with a friend now. She is a very different bunny from the one who lived with Nutmeg. She is shyer now and not so interested in her run as she doesn't have the comfort of a friend with her to boost her confidence. To cut a long story short Hazel is a big healthy girl who hasn't had any health issues in her life. Touch wood! She is 5 at the end of this year and i would really like her to have a friend to live out the rest of her life with. I have contacted Fairly Beloved in Glasgow and Fife rescue who are both looking out for me for an older boy.

Hazel lives in an 8ft hutch with an upper story and has a separate 16ft run with tunnels, fruit bushes and a dog house. She is very much loved and spoiled but sadly For many reasons, but mainly the constant stress, worry and upsetting time i had with Nutmeg i have decided this will be my last pairing of bunnies. I have kept rabbits - all rescues and strays for nearly 20 years now and loved them all.

I am hoping someone on the forum may know of an older bunny boy looking for a fantastic home and a big wife! He really must be near Hazel's age of around 4+ years or even older. I know young rabbits pair with older ones but as this will be my last pair of bunnies i would like them to be as close to each others age as possible.

I hope someone here may know of a wee old boy who may need a loving home.
Not sure if i have posted this in the right place but thought the chat threads might be best.

Thanks for reading this and i hope someone can help.

Fiona

Hiya Fiona

have you also tried Buddies Bunny Rescue in Midlothian?. They have loads of buns too...

Best of luck
Fee x

I'm sorry you lost Nutmeg. :( Good luck in finding a new friend for Hazel.

Last edited:
Back