• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not moving... HELP!

Will he come out if you shake his food. Try to chase him out to get an idea if he is OK or it is just heat related.
Will he eat and has he pooped?

If he is not himself within half an hour then I would take him to the emergency vet.

ETA - how has he been acting strangely

Will he come out if you shake his food. Try to chase him out to get an idea if he is OK or it is just heat related.
Will he eat and has he pooped?

If he is not himself within half an hour then I would take him to the emergency vet.

ETA - how has he been acting strangely

None of the first ideas. He has eaten a bit but not much. Ok. About 4 days I just thought it was the heat at first...

Then get out there and get the bunny OUT from under the hutch.

And

straight off to the VETS

He definitely needs to see a vet tonight if he's not eaten much for 4 days, its very important that a rabbit eats regularly as they can deteriorate very quickly otherwise. If he is now not moving aswell, he is probably in pain and needs some pain relief. X

Not wanting to worry you but as folk have said, its Imperative you get him to a VETS asap.... My bunny died within a couple of days. I wasnt aware at the time he wasnt well until he simply collapsed..

Dont leave it too long ...please....

Good luck
Fee.

He might be dehydrated and starving as well as suffering from heatstroke. He really needs your help. You must take him to the vet. If he is dehydrated and it sounds like it he will need subcutaneous fluids and round the clock care to get him back on his feet. I'm sending vibes for him and let us know how you get on at the vet please.

can you stick anything under the hutch to try and get him out, ie the end of a brush broom? if his eating has decreased his guts may well be slowing down and they need to keep moving ie through eating so would need to see a vet, if he is breathing faster and you suspect its the heat maybe worth putting a wet cloth over his back to try and help him feel alittle cooler

just thought - do you have some bricks? could you lift the front of the hutch onto the bricks and squeeze your arms under, see if you can reach?

Back