• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wet nose

Alicia

Mama Doe
Izzy's got a wet nose, I haven't noticed her sneezing or anything and she seems ok, she's running round the room. Is it normal for them to have a wet nose?

Mine have always had a very slight wet noses so is quite normal for them. If this isn't normal for your bunny I'd pop to the vet for a check up just to be on the safe side :D

Mine only get a wet nose when they are too warm. Could she be too warm? I would keep an eye on her just to make sure that it's nothing sinister. x

Thank you for the replies, we moved her hutch and run onto the grass a few days ago and its always in the shade. She's got a bowl of water, and a frozen water bottle in her run. I'll add a few ice cubes to her bowl and put some on the grass and put some wet towels over the run.

Thank you for the replies, we moved her hutch and run onto the grass a few days ago and its always in the shade. She's got a bowl of water, and a frozen water bottle in her run. I'll add a few ice cubes to her bowl and put some on the grass and put some wet towels over the run.

Don't add ice to the water, this can cause gut problems because of how cold it makes the water. The damp towels will be enough. :thumb:

I thought it was okay to give ice to bunnies :? though I'm probably not correct :lol:

I *think* giving them ice to lick is ok, but not in their water. I presume it's because they will gulp a lot of water in one go, which can then cause a tummy upset, whereas they can only lick a little bit of the ice so it won't hurt them.

I don't give mine ice to eat but they will lick the ice packs I put down for them.

I *think* giving them ice to lick is ok, but not in their water. I presume it's because they will gulp a lot of water in one go, which can then cause a tummy upset, whereas they can only lick a little bit of the ice so it won't hurt them.

I don't give mine ice to eat but they will lick the ice packs I put down for them.

Ohhhh okay thanks :D :wave:

I didn't know that either, thank you that's made me feel better she has been running around a lot recently, she's been in the house and on the grass so has moved around a lot :)

Back