• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why, When You Trim Rabbit's Nails.................

Oh my god.. Yes :roll:

This is the only picture on my iPad of them sulking, but this was taken after a claw clipping and check over!

null_zps0e8860c8.jpg

yes i am familiar with this lol

honey and charlie are very stroppy when i do it but i did lillys yesturday and she just let me lift each paw!:shock::love:

LOL rabbits do have the funniest huff's... Sorrell (my ~7kg giant) had his done the other day and when I put him down I knelt right down and bent over to try and offer nose kisses.. he started hopping over to me, then turned around and flicked out and kicked me right on the chin with his giant foot :shock: :roll: he spent the rest of the time I was in the garden glaring at me from his litter tray :lol: :roll:

The hate I can deal with, but I could cry when Flora runs away from me because she knows I'm going to check her bum :cry:.

I clipped Fiver and Xena's nails the other day. They both acted as if I had done something absolutely awful! Xena thumped at me, and refused to speak to me all day, Fiver refused point blankly to come anywhere near me...when I extended my hand to him, his ears went back and he grunted at me. :roll:

Bloody bunnies!

Lola and Rambo both behave as if I have seriously wronged them, but Eli barely even noticed when I did it so long as I distracted him with food. I miss that bun :(

I could not get Lola's trimmed last time, even with 2 of us she would struggle like hell. I gave up at took her to the vets! :oops:

She runs and hides under the table and won't come out for treats.

Daft bunnies wish they would understand we are trying to help them! :roll:

Toshi is absolutely evil when we trim his nails, he hates to be held or restrained. Even when we wrap him in the towel he kicks and kicks :evil:

I chickened out and paid the vet to do it when they did Ludo's 6-month health check. :oops:

Much easier!

ETA: I'm ashamed to say I didn't even bother trying to cut Ludo's nails myself!

Back