• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please could Alfred have some vibes now

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry to ask again but our big Frenchie Alfred is not a well boy this morning.

I honestly believe it is the weather affecting him. It is just so hot here, we have had no rain but we had lots of lightening last night, no thunder. My guess is the electrical storm and humidity has caused him to have a massive seizure in the night and he hasn't come round properly.

I've put the fan on him and we have an emergency appointment at 11.

I knew when this weather started we wouldn't get to the end of it without losing bunnies :( I am so upset about Victoria that I can't lose another just yet. I know we shouldn't have favourite but Alfred is one of the best bunnies we have ever had. He is such a special old boy so any spare vibes for him would be very much appreciated

Alfred has seen the vet and is now doing a bit better. The vet confirmed it was most likely a seizure brought on by the weather and has given him some sq fluids. I need to keep a close eye on him today but unfortunately another storm has just started. There is no air and the garden temp is over 30 despite there being no sun :(

The really bad news is he has lost 1kg since April. I knew he had but was trying not to panic about it. Most of it is muscle wastage on his hips. It could just be old age but we knew there was a chance he had cancer when he arrived in November. We will investigate further when the weather settles down.

So for now if you could cross your fingers for no more seizures today I would be very grateful xx

Alfred still isn't up to much but will eat a bit if I take food to him. He seems a bit more aware and looks more comfortable, so small steps on the right direction.

We have sprout having a dental under Ga today too, so it's a stressful time

Alfred still isn't up to much but will eat a bit if I take food to him. He seems a bit more aware and looks more comfortable, so small steps on the right direction.

We have sprout having a dental under Ga today too, so it's a stressful time

Adding vibes for little Sprout too. xx

Back