• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Chat- An Update on Brian

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He is still with us, thanks to Buscopan I am certain

I have never seen such a bloated Rabbit :cry: But throughout the night the bloating started to reduce, but omg the dreadful noises his stomach made :cry:

He has finally passed some poo and he has eaten a bit of dried forage and a bit of hay. We are not out of the woods yet, but I think there is some hope now.

Great update although as you say, he's not fully safe yet.

Sending top up vibes.. xxx

So pleased to hear there's an improvement :D

I've never heard of using Buscopan on rabbits before, is it common practice? How do you administer it? (Just curious!) :wave:

Oh that is wonderful that there has been some progress! :) Well done, Brian and Jane!
Come on now Brian, come all the way round now. ((((((((((((((((Topping up vibes and prayers)))))))))))))) xxxx

Last edited:
So pleased to hear there's an improvement :D

I've never heard of using Buscopan on rabbits before, is it common practice? How do you administer it? (Just curious!) :wave:

Buscopan is something that's always in my house! I wish to be informed on all the things one can try with a bloated rabbit because I don't want to lose a beloved rabbit to bloat ever again.

Normally Buscopan is given by injection, but I only had oral tabs here last night. My Vet is OK about me giving it in an emergency situation. It was only after the Buscopan that Brian started to 'deflate'. Throughout it all his blood glucose never went above 7.4, so we were lucky in that respect.

Thank you everyone. I am hoping that Brian will be 100% better within the next 24 hours. I wont fully relax until he is.

So glad to hear he is doing better :love: and I hope he'll be fully back to himself by tomorrow :) xxxx
(((((((((((((Comforting hugs))))))))))))))) for you Jane. Few of us here are not acquainted with poorly bunny syndrome. I hope you are able to relax soon. :)

Back