• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely facebook people saved a bunny today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:D

Yesterday I spotted a local add for a bunny with hutch and cage for sale. The hutch was so short that it looked like the poor bunny didn;t have space to put its ears up from normal sitting :( However the owner wanted silly money for her and the housing which we didn't feel we could justify spending ourselves because of our own rabbits huge vet bills.

I mentioned her on our FB group ( not asking for money obviously just saying how sad it was the way some bunnies are kept) and numerous people came forward offering to pay towards getting her :love:

So late this morning we collected a beautiful little girl and the most horrendous hutch and cage. No wonder she couldn't get her ears up the hutch was 11 inches tall :shock: :( plus the back had started to fall off. The indoor cage wasn't much better. It was only 31 inches at the top of the base, had a big crack in it and was filthy.

The owner must have thought it was her lucky day, getting rid of her unwanted rabbit and getting money for a heap of rubbish!! Both housing have now been smashed up and taken down the tip

Our lovely facebook supporters have been so generous we now have enough to pay for her neuter and vaccination too :D We let the people who paid for her rescue name her - She is now called Imelda Blue, as she has the most unusual eyes. She looks healthy and is very friendly all things considered :love: There really are some lovely people out there :D

The hutch

P1050024-1.jpg

P1050026.jpg

The indoor cage

P1050027.jpg

Meet Imelda Blue, or Melli-Blue for short

P1050028-1.jpg

P1050029.jpg

P1050030.jpg

P1050031.jpg

Look at those eyes!!

P1050032-1.jpg

Pretty girlie :love: as I mentioned on your post on Facebook, I have an indoor cage bigger than that that was purely bought for a litter tray :( Awful that she lived in it :(

How is she mobility wise? When we had Leo, his hutch was the same size at that one, he had really mad muscles. But he'd been in there for 5 years, how old is she? Lucky girl x

So sorry, I have no idea who people are when it comes to user names and real names :oops::oops:

she seems fine. They said she was 7 months old but then spoke about how the kids refused to care for her over winter so she must be older :? Either way I doubt she is much over a year, so lucky in that repect

No I don't think you'd be able to tell :lol: Although the silly spelling of my name does stand out a bit (Alycia) as well as my bunny profile picture :D Everyone seemed so pleased you'd got her :love:

Bless her, very lucky bunny x

She's beautiful! She looks like she will be a real character when she has settled! Well done to everyone who was involved in rescuing her :love:

My free ad bun was meant to go to rescue for rehoming... But we ended up keeping him!! Watch out, they wheedle their way into your heart!

I'm so glad she's safe now. Working together really does make a difference. I'm so glad you all acted and saved this beautiful girl.

I love dutchies :love:. She's beautiful Liz and I'm so glad there are such caring people out there. Well done for smashing up the nasty hutch and cage.

Back