• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's really suffering in this weather ):

Charmednm

Mama Doe
She's really badly molting and she won't sit and get brushed for too long. All her fur is really pooked. Everytime I clap her I'll pull her fur and come away with a massive handful of fluff. I'm
Giving her icy water too but when I came in from work her water was warm as soon as I'd replaced it with lovely cold water she had a huge drink. I just feel useless short of shaving her i don't think there's much more I can do for her

Have you tried a 2 litre bottle filled with water. Freeze overnight then wrap with a single layer of a towel or blanket (you can wet and wring the towel or blanket on the very hot days) and place in the run/hutch. The bunnies will eventually discover it is cool/cold and lay against it. A 2 litre bottle will remain frozen even past the end of the day in the hot weather we have been having.

wet (but not soaking) towels on the floor also help to keep a bunny cool.

As for the grooming, one of mine is a bit of a horror when it comes to grooming so I tend to sit on the floor, place him on my lap and just gently pluck the loose fur from his coat for about 2-3 minutes twice a day and if I can quickly run a brush over at the end of each session to neaten up a little. I then reward him with his favourite treat whilst he is still sitting on my knee or next to me.

I hope this helps a little :D

My bunnies are at Their Aunty Alis for their hols,

At home, i have found that By freezing 2 litre bottle has been good, the bunnies lick the bottle too for extra liquid, keeps cooler for longer..

I also have covered their runs with tarp which keeps the glare and direct sun off the run

A cant fit a two litre bottle in my freezer :/ but i have been giving her a frozen 600ml bottle she does sometimes sit with it or she chews it :lol:

When giving her noserubs i try and pluck out as much as a can (she wouldnt sit on my lap.) but when i next go out it seems ten times worse haha

Fee i saw alis vid of your babies they are very cute :D

Yeah susie bit cooler today haha a really dont like thunder :/
It woke me up with a big rumble them poppy thumped lol

Mine have been really annoyed at me when I have been trying to get loose fur from them. They detest the brushes. They do not tolerate being handled at all, so I have found the best method is getting my hand damp and stroking them all over and then it sticks to me. I still pull the sneaky tuft when I think I can get away with it, quickly followed by nose rubs, but more often than not I just get back legs flicked at me and disapproving looks :lol:

Mine have been really annoyed at me when I have been trying to get loose fur from them. They detest the brushes. They do not tolerate being handled at all, so I have found the best method is getting my hand damp and stroking them all over and then it sticks to me. I still pull the sneaky tuft when I think I can get away with it, quickly followed by nose rubs, but more often than not I just get back legs flicked at me and disapproving looks :lol:

Haha yup I get this when pulling the fur in her side but she then she positions herself with her head down for the claps :lol:

Back