• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe cool pads

bunniesgalore

Alpha Buck
Sorry if this has been discussed but are these any good? Rupert's poorly with a thymoma and loves lying on his pillows. I'm desperately trying to find ways to keep both Rupert and Milly cool. We've got fans, sit in the dark etc but something like this sounds potentially really useful. I'd appreciate opinions/ alternatives etc.

I looked at the reviews and buyers were saying that it's hard material? I would if my rabbit wasn't laying on it:)
Just my opinion;):thumb:

i just got one and really like it. i got it for the piggies though who are ignoring it at the moment. :roll: but i will be getting one for bisc and matt because i think they would definitely use it. it's so clever aswell how it's cool when you press on it. was very impressed by that :oops: :lol:

I had two delivered yesterday but of course it had cooled down enough to not need to use them :lol: I laid my face on them instead and was really impressed. I can imagine it would be lovely under a fluffy bunny belly. It doesn't get freezing cold, but comfortably chilled.

The only thing is I wouldn't trust my buns not to nibble them, so tomorrow when it is hot again I will try them under sheets of newspaper where they would normally sit and see if the buns notice.

Thank you. Worth a try then. I'm pretty desperate to keep Rupert and Milly cool and they're notice pod/water bottle fans. I'm running out of ideas. Thank you.:thumb:

I can agree that they're really good. They're a reliable way to get cooling, so hopefully most bunnies will recognise this and go lie on them if they need a brief bit of cooling.

The liquid inside is pet safe for anyone that is concerned about that. Obviously if an animal chews it it's annoying because you have to replace it, but it won't harm them.

Has anyone else experienced this with the cooling pads?

I've been using one of mine just for me over the weekend while it's been cooler, and today put it under some paper for Frankie to see how she went with it. She didn't use it once although it was only in for a few hours. Tonight the inside has all turned to gel and doesn't cool at all. I opened the other one I bought and had my leg on it, and it pretty quickly turned to gel although not fully like the first.

Will it go back to how it was before, almost sandy feeling, or am I so hot ;) that I melted it :shock:

Back