• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can we have a few vibes/ shes gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Victoria suddenly collapsed this evening :( No idea why. One minute she was fine periscoping for treats and eating them, five minutes later collapsed and floppy. Although it isn't overly hot today we put her back in her cage with a fan on to see if it helped but it hasn't so Steve is at the emergency vets now.

I know she has her health issues but she only saw the vet yesterday who was pleased with her progress. She did well during her neuter last week and despite the heat her breathing had improved these last few days.

She has been fine all day, eating and pooing well. Now she is not responding to anything :cry:

i will be completely gutted if anything happens to her today. she has battled so hard for 8 months so that we could get her well enough to be neutered and she could start the life she deserves. She has always been bright in herself and never turned food down before. She is such a brave girl, she has just got to be OK....

Last edited:
Thank you for the vibes.

Vet says she has no gut sounds so she is in stasis :? Not overly convinced as she was eating five minutes before hand and she collapsed so suddenly :(

Exactly the same thing happened to my French Lop last weekend, well in as far as that one minute he was fine and then collapsed and rushed in to vet. Was put on IV fluids straight away, and vet said it was Floppy Rabbit Syndrome. One minute he was fine and then limp and collapsed, he also had no touch sensation. Stayed in over the weekend and came home Monday, completely recovered now. Initially the treatment was the fluids and tomato juice can you believe, which was syringed into him to immediately correct a potassium deficiency. Had a course of corticosteroids. Gave me a massive scare and thought he was dying or was going to loose him. Totally bizarre that it was just fluids and tomato juice to sort it initially. Had a tiny yogurt sandwich as well, don't think he wanted to come home :lol::lol: Apparently it often tends to be potassium or Vitamin E deficiency.

Victoria so deserves to have such a lovely life now, and I almost wish she has had the same thing happen, only because it was so easy to treat and he is top notch again now :thumb:

Back