• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly's recent treatments.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Molly is our chinchilla dwarf lop, who has renal failure and hind leg paralysis.
Her left hind leg is the biggest problem, it slips under her body, towards her right leg.
We don't want to give her Metacam because of her kidney issues ( and she's had a 6 week course of panacur), so we have started her on acupuncture, she had her second session last week and I really think her movement is better which suggests pain must be part of the issue.
Today she saw out physio, I think Molly is the first rabbit she has seen, and we have a series of exercises to give her, daily. She was also given magnetic therapy while there to help with any pain, and is booked in to see her in a month's time to re-assess.

The acupuncture visit was funny last week, we had a dog, a cat and a rabbit being treated at the same time- and the worst behaved was the dog, Bruno!

Sounds like a great package of treatment for her, I really hope it helps.
Muesli had acupuncture a year or so ago for his arthritis and it helped so much. Magnetic therapy sounds interesting too.

Back