• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh no :-(

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Nightmare.

Im going to visit my sick Mum today...no way I could cancel as I cancelled two weeks ago due to getting a cold and Im not allowed to see her if Im sick...she need me.

Get up to go today....Teddys not eating. Not a thing. No time to properly assess but no new poos I could see...nice soft tummy though..doesnt feel bloated. OH is taking him to the vet. He helped nurse Big through bloated so he knows what's he's doing...just wish I was there. So scared I wont see my Ted again :cry:

I can understand your anxiety, but Ted is going to the Vet and your OH will be able to take care of him until you get back.

I hope Ted feels better soon and that your Mum is getting better too xx

Thanks hun. Theyre our babies and we always think no one can care for them better than we can :-( Poor old Ted. I wonder if this is the result of the stress of visiting the vet for the first time yesterday about his scabby :-( One good thing though he still had the energy to want to beat little up!

Update from OH:

" Got too hot, stopped eating, got stasis. No blockage, not dehydrated. Gave him jabs said to keep cool and get drinking. Is in shade and breeze in garden, has ice lolly. Faye also being good aunty."

Hmm encouraging I guess....

I hope Teddy is better soon, sounds like your OH has things under control though! I do understand your concerns, its a mummy thing!

Hello bunny mums and dads,

I thought you'd like to know Schtoffen's OH did a great job of looking after me while she was away and cooling me down so I fancied eating again.

I've been biting the door for my breakfast since, as per usual.

Thanks for your interest in me

Ted

*twitch twitch*

Back