• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild dolphins

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Thought you guys might like to see the best of my shots from my trip to Fortrose. I've been going every year for the past few years and we got great dolphin sightings this year. The water was very calm and there were many dolphins about and they weren't at all shy.

Baby an mummy:love:
IMG_4140_zps410fdb74.jpg

A very pale individual
IMG_4542_zps8bd9ce40.jpg

IMG_4268_zps09e1ba3f.jpg

IMG_4194_zpsbe6233d5.jpg

IMG_4217_zps7095460e.jpg

IMG_4419_zpsab93821f.jpg

This group of dolphins live in and around the Moray Firth all year round. At Chanonry point they often appear to hunt fish at low tide as they can easily chase the fish up the shore. as a result you can get some very close encounters but be standing on the beach. Some of my photos are a bit blurry but it's impossible to predict when and where they'll appear and if they'll jump or not.

Rest of the pics are here
http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/MiddletonMouse/library/Wildlife?sort=3&page=1

These photos are fantastic, I bet the experience of seeing them and photographing them was amazing. You are so lucky :D

Awwww! Dolphins are amazing:love:

I'm in Wales at the moment and we have seen some dolphins already (on our first day as well which was great!) but they were too far away for photos.

Back