• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A real heartwarming thread which will eventually help some rescues.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
A few years ago I had the pleasure in meeting a wonderful lady who boarded her bunnies with me. Sadly both bunnies have passed away and I didn't hear from the lady until last year. The reason for her getting in contact was very sad. Her very elderly mother had just died and this lady had to sort out all of her belongings.:cry: Things bought decades ago and no doubt of very sentimental value.

Anyway, this wonderful lady keeps bringing so many items and says " Just use it to help raise money for the rabbit and guinea pig rescues" I've offered to give her a percentage of the money raised but she infatically wants it all to go to rescues.:D

So over the next few months.....................(so busy atm and in August), many items will be either auctioned at an auction hhouse near here.......................or for the lighter items........ can be used by anyone needing things for fundraisers.

What a lovely lady................so kind and generous.

So just when the world seems particularly naff................along comes.....an angel.

Thank you kind lady. I know that you aren't on RU, but I'm sending you my greatest thanks for such generosity.

I've started to sort some of the bags. Wow.........I am busy looking at someone else's belongings bought over the past 50 or 60 years.:( I'm trying to imagine the joy it was for this dear lady when she was either given or bought these things. All no doubt cherished and all full of memories.:(

On a brighter note though, there are some really good vintage items which hopefully will sell at the auction for a good price.

Back