• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Dear (part 2)

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
935042_606166836070897_1938008467_n.jpg

1070107_606166712737576_889683427_n.jpg

1069808_606166532737594_953210725_n.jpg

1045131_606166556070925_1051190236_n.jpg

I'm afraid he's not wild at all :( Our neighbor called Fish and Wildlife because the deer was following him around the yard and nuzzling him. Fish and Wildlife said that someone had probably taken him in as a baby (he has scars on his side) and he imprinted on humans, they said to scare him away if he hangs around. Unfortunately he's not scared of anything, I went outside and leaned on the car horn and he walked a couple of steps, then went back to eating apples. Earlier this week, our neighbor saw him a few streets away being pulled around on a leash at someone's tag sale. He called the police and nothing really happened.

He's so sweet, but hunting season isn't far away, so he needs to wise up quick :cry:

Awww poor thing, is their no animal parks or farms near you that can help?

Unfortunately there are many legal issues about trapping animals in my area to rehabilitate and there are only a couple of people who are allowed to. We're looking into a woman who does animal rehabilitation or someone who runs a wildlife sanctuary, the latter being out of state so probably not a possibility. Fish and Wildlife didn't offer any suggestions other then "try to scare it" :|

I thought your neighbours were called fish and wildlife. I was very confused :roll::oops:

I hope something can be done for this gorgeous deer.

I thought your neighbours were called fish and wildlife. I was very confused :roll::oops:

I hope something can be done for this gorgeous deer.

She did say the neigbours called fish and wildlife and that's how I read it as well that those were their names :lol: I thought Mr Fish and Mrs Wildlife..what strange names :lol::lol::lol:

Awww well hope this dear does wise up or it will be easy prey :(

He's cute, but he won't wise up. :(

He needs to go to a sactuary really. Where are you based? Can you do some research into where he could go? They can't travel far due to stress I believe. I can try and do some research for you.

She did say the neigbours called fish and wildlife and that's how I read it as well that those were their names :lol: I thought Mr Fish and Mrs Wildlife..what strange names :lol::lol::lol:

Awww well hope this dear does wise up or it will be easy prey :(

Actually it's Mr Wildlife and Mrs Fish, sorry about the confusion!

:lol::lol:

He's cute, but he won't wise up. :(

He needs to go to a sactuary really. Where are you based? Can you do some research into where he could go? They can't travel far due to stress I believe. I can try and do some research for you.

I live in the US; Western Massachusetts.

A lady who works at the animal shelter, gave me somebody's name, but said that it was unlikely anything would happen. There's so many legal issues, not enough people who are allowed to trap, and just one deer :(

Back