• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How NOT to hold a rabbit.

Poor bunny :( Also if it had kicked when near her face, she could have been really hurt! Why don't people think?! A lack of bunny knowledge :'(

*Facepalm*

Not poor bunny... dumb girl...

Having taught 4-H and Future Farmers of America Association rabbit husbandry and showmanship classes for some years now, basic rabbit handling is lesson 1. I that position the rabbit could have flipped and twisted breaking its back, it could have bit or clawed her face and neck out of fear. Instead of being angry though, and posting hateful angry comments someone needs to educate the girl and her family on proper rabbit handling *I.E. explaining the football hold and how to safely turn a rabbit over with it's bottom resting on a sturdy surface.* An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Disgusting!

But surely this has happened due to the girl 'thinking' it is ok to do this through lack of education. There are a lot of comments on the vid that attack the young girl for her behaviour.

The parents and sister (who, if old enough to be posting vids on youtube, is old enough to study proper care of a rabbit) should seriously consider reading up on rabbit care and handling, then 'teach' their young daughter/sister the right way as she doesn't know any better.

Our children are all taught how to care for and handle an animal/pet. If we didn't show them the right way I think they would be exactly the same. As Snowytoshi said, I really hope that the older sister reads the comments and takes note and actually changes the life for this beautiful bunny. :(

Rant over lol

Back