• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day Mimzy! (Good grief, I almost forgot!) July 16, 2013

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe I almost forgot to post about today. :( (Had it not been for bunspace I would've missed it!)
In July of 2007, my OH captured and brought home my little lovable ball of fluff.
He had been abandoned at my OH's business along with two REW males (we think).

(Yes, I know we shouldn't have fed them lettuce, we didn't know better then. :( )
We'd been watching him and his compatriots for a few months or so and decided we needed to take care of them before winter hit. We managed to catch Mimzy but the other two were more elusive. A neighbor managed one of them, but the last disappeared before it snowed. We don't think he made it. :(
I don't know his exact age, but Mimzy's ears hadn't quite lopped all the way when we first saw him in May of that year.

And of course, I did the usual dumb thing and mis-gendered him. :roll: I couldn't help it, the way he used to wash his wee ears, he looked like a little girl brushing her hair. :lol: It wasn't until December of that year when I had him neutered that I realized I had really missed the obvious!

For his first three years, he was a happy go lucky bun, always up for a cuddle and special time. Tried to bond him with Pip, whom we adopted in December of 07. They actually hit it off well, then Mimzy started showing signs of chronic respiratory infections and fearing pasturella I separated them before the bond cemented. It was stupid. Likely any infection had already spread between them.

He began showing signs of early onset arthritis in his third year. He has been a bit of a creaky bun ever since. But still spunky enough to give me all sorts of trouble when it suited him.

In June of last year he went tilty, it was the worst day of my life when I saw him circling and his eyes darting around.

His tilt is much better than this now, but I can't get a decent snap of him today. :( This one below is from his trip to the vet in May, he's not much different.

For weeks and months I despaired of pulling him through it and I did not imagine I would still be posting about him this year. He was so ill for so long, but we promised each other we wouldn't give up until he said so. And he is still with me, even after the stress of a dental in May where I didn't think he'd come back from the GA and the most recent wildfire evacuation!

Mimzy has been my soul bunny. My heart bun. I have never really cared for an animal to the extent that I have cared for him. He has taught me so much about how to care for all animals, and more than a few people as well.

He used to love snuggles with me, since the tilt not so much, but he'll allow cheek chuckies.

At a time when I was despondent and low, having conquered cancer but not felt particularly victorious, he gave me a reason to get up in the mornings again and look forward to my day.

I can only hope I have given him the kind of life that, when he does eventually go to Rainbow Bridge, he can look happily down on the human mother who has loved him so very much and so dearly, and say, "That's my mum...she's been so good to me...I will love her forever."

I love you Mimz. To the moon and back and around the sun. Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. Happy Gotcha Day. :love:

Awwwww Mimzy happy Gotcha Day for the 16th :love:

It is obvious just how very special he is to you and I have no doubt that you are very special to him too :love:

Back