• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Courier

lauraj27

Warren Scout
Hi there,

I'm going to be moving soon and will need to transport my six bunnies and guinea pig from Norfolk to Stoke.

Unfortunately, neither me or my partner drive and it is a long old distance, I just wondered whether anyone could recommend a UK pet courier service.

There are some that I have found on the internet but I want to make sure that they are in good hands.

thanks

How are you traveling there? Could you not take them with you however you are going?

If not then how about trying to organise a bunny run on here for a donation to a rescue? There are lots of users who travel up and down the country so something can usually be sorted.

I recently saw a horror story of a lady who brought a bun from a breeder, it died a few days after arriving at the new home because the courier didn't water it and provide fresh food :( I'd try and organise a bun run via here or maybe take them on the train with you (or how ever you're getting there)

If you need to move everything from one house to another at the same time because of the completion date etc I can see why you might want to use a courier. Bunny runs are usually arranged in a fairly approximate way around the drivers' other commitments, and the animals might not be able to arrive and leave at the exact right times for you. There aren't exactly a lot of spaces in boarding at this time of year either if you had to have all those animals stay somewhere for a few days.

Couriers are quite expensive though. I'm not sure if they charge more per animal - get some quotes - even moving one bunny a shorter distance than that was about £200. I used Animals at Home and was happy with them. They are a franchise though so different people in different areas.

Seven animals is a lot to take on a train. Do you have any friends who could help?

I have had removal men agree to transport a bunny before but it was just one and it was a small local firm owned by a friend's brother. Pickfords probably wouldn't be so happy to bend the rules and carry pets.

Last edited:
When my predecessor moved to Ireland from the Midlands, the rabbits where loaded in to the removal lorry last in their pet carriers with plenty of hay, watery veg and fruit they arrived in Ireland completely fine but where taken of the lorry first and sorted before anything else was dealt with.

Back