• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Probably a very silly question

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Can rabbits have the proper bugs bunny carrots with the bushy long green bits? I'm sure they can but wanted to check 100% as I have bought some :wave:

Wish you could buy just the tops! The carrots go to waste.

When I buy them from a market they often ask - do you want the tops taking off? Silly people.

We get carrots with tops from lidl regularly and we give the buns the tops and make the carrots into soup :)

They are £1 in Tescos at the mo.(well they are in my local Tesco) So got some for Lola but finding they very grtty even after a wash so have to wash them a lot!

Wish you could buy just the tops! The carrots go to waste.

When I buy them from a market they often ask - do you want the tops taking off? Silly people.

Ask them if they have any tops, and explain why you want them - they'll probably let you have them. You can get outside cauli leaves and broccoli stalks the same way. They only get composted anyway so if you're nice, particularly if you are buying yourself veggies too they seem quite happy to hand them over (at least out local ones do). Same in tesco, where they get a pile of broccoli stalks people snap off to reduce the weight before paying.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, you can regrow the green bit of carrots from a carrot top.
Just sit the carrot tops in a dish of water and they'll start growing. When they're long enough you can cut them off they should regrow again. :thumb:

Just in case anyone doesn't know, you can regrow the green bit of carrots from a carrot top.
Just sit the carrot tops in a dish of water and they'll start growing. When they're long enough you can cut them off they should regrow again. :thumb:

Will have to try. Thanks. :thumb:

Back