• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny

Bunnie

Warren Scout
I have now got my bunny and her name is Snuggles
but does anyone know why she is now acting weirdly?

yesterday she was fine with me lifting her up from her carry case and into her new home then she ran away when ever i went to sit on the couch next to her new cage and today she clambered under her rack of hay and got stuck so i moved the rack to the other side of the cage and then she just sat perfectly still for about ten minutes and during that time she was fine with me stroking her and moving one of her toys out her way she was so still and calm just sitting next to her ice bottle, and now she's back to her normal hoppy self?

whats going on???

Sounds like she is a little bit scared, when you get a new bunny its suggested to leave them in a quiet room with limited interaction, gently talking to them but at the same time leaving them alone to settle in. Has she got somewhere to hide in her cage? :wave:

Patience, patience and more patience on your part.

Try to spend time with Snuggles by sitting on the floor with her and tempting her with some healthy bunny treats. Let Snuggles come to you in her own time. You will have to let Snuggles feel confident around you and slowly but surely she should start to trust you more and more.

Be patient....hopefully it will pay off.

i agree with whats been said already, when I had a new rabbit i'd open their cage/hutch walk away so they could come out themselves and id sit on the floor in the room I found that they'd be wary pluck up the courage to come up to me then get scarred and run away lol the more I did this the more confident they became with me. Its extremely normal for an animal to be very scarred in a new place they just need some time to adjust and trust you :) good luck it will all be worth the wait when you do gain that bond with your rabbit.

Back