• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Thumper please

kerina

Warren Scout
I've just dropped Thumper off at the vets for his very first dental, aged 7 years old. I'm terrified! The vet says his health is excellent so sees no reason why he should struggle, but i'm still terrified.

He's been drinking a hell of a lot as well lately which I obviously mentioned. So they're going to do a blood test this morning to check his kidneys are okay before proceeding. If there is any doubt at all, he won't do the dental.

Please can everyone send good luck vibes to Thumper - I'll be devastated if I loose him.

Thanks

Kerina

I'm the same with Milly who has regular dentals. Anaesthesia is so much safer nowadays.
Sending lots of vibes to Thumper and a hug for you.xx

Thanks everyone - it means a lot. I'm such a worryguts!

The vet has rang to say his bloods were fine and he is happy to proceed with the dental.

Fingers crossed that he's okay. I should know by early afternoon, as he is the last on todays list. They're going to ring me once he's in recovery. Hopefully he'll want to eat all the goodies I packed up for him this morning, including his own hay - he won't eat manky hay - it has to be nice fresh farm hay, preferably from a bale!

Terrified doesn't even begin to cover it!

They've just rang - I literally jumped on the phone when it rang and promptly dropped it :roll:

Anyway, he's all done and now in recovery and apparently doing well. I'm picking him up between 5.30pm and 6.00pm.

I'll only believe he's okay when I see him. God knows, I love the very bones of that little boy - he is my angel.

They have a way of snuggling down into your heart and staying there don't they? :love:

Thanks for the vibes everyone - you've been great - so many people don't understand i.e. "it's just a rabbit". How many times do I hear that?! Jeesh, if only they knew how totally rewarding it is making a bunny a "happy bunny", then they'd get it.

xxx

My rabbit milo is 7 and he's been having regular dentals for the last 2 years and it scares me every time he goes in coz I don't want to lose him,however he's always been fine and going longer between his dentals now,I do find milo is very sleepy for a couple of days afterwards and needs alot of tempting to eat,I'm pleased thumpers ok:D

Thanks for the vibes everyone. He's home now, thank god. He looked proper sorry for himself when I picked him up. He seems to be okay, just very sleepy.

He's having a full on bath now though. He won't stop washing! Probably trying to get the vet smell off him. He's eaten some spring greens and about 3 carrot tops but won't touch his pellets. He's had a nose through his hay but not had any. But at least he's eating something.

I just need poos and wees and then I'll feel happier.

Thanks for today everyone. It means a lot.

And Thumper sends his love :love:

Kerina
xXx

Last edited:
Back