• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad? (update with lots of pics)

ferretfreak4

Warren Scout
Not sure if it's going to be possible or not but would like some advice on the best way to do it

I currently have 2 happily bonded bunnies, Bigwig and Chunky, they were previously a trio until my Bracken bunny passed at the beginning of the year. Mum has her 2 bonded bunnies but sadly doesn't have the time for them anymore and is looking to rehome them.

I don't want two groups of bunnies but if I could successfully bond them that would be great

so basically i'm looking for some advice on the best way to bond a quad and what the chances of doing it are?

Last edited:
Sorry I don't have any advise because I've never bonded, but bumping up for you :thumb:

Are all bunnies neutered and what are the sexes?

I regularly bond big groups so if you have any questions please ask.

I'm doing a quad at the moment wtih 3 bucks and 1 doe, it will be the doe that causes the problems without a doubt. :roll:

My pair is chunky, 3 year old female and bigwig, at least 4 year old male
The pair I want to introduce is bluebelle, 2 year olfld female and papillon, 2 year old male
All have been neutered

Im just not sure what the best way to firat introduce them is really, ive bonded before but a maximum of 3, should I just put them together in a small neutral space with lots of food or is there a better way?

Well I started the bond yesterday around midday and already there is grooming between the groups :D

I'm so pleased with how well it's going, there was minimal chasing and humping and already they are swapping friends, sleeping together and grooming. Just got to wait for Chunky to fully accept the new two :)

I'm so glad that your quad are bonding well , sounds like they're very going to be very loved up in no time :love: we need some pictures though , that's a must for today :thumb:

My two pairs are going to be bonded soon , i'm hoping they're going to bond as well as yours :)

Im bonding a young male to my male/female pair this summer, any advice/tips would be brilliant.

Glad your bond is going so well:thumb:

Woohoo!
Go you!
Sometimes it really is about seizing the day isn't it when it comes to bonding buns.
Hope things continue to go well.

I hope this keeps going well for them and you!!

I love the way buns get cuddled up and groom each other :love:

Keep us updated :D

Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately so not kept you all updated

They are doing really well, Bigwig and Bluebell seem to be in love :love: Although I haven't seen them all cuddled together yet I have seen every combination of bunnies cuddled together :D

Not got time right now but will try and get some pics up soon

Aww, I'd love to have a quad, but am scared of upsetting the delicate balance of my buns' bond. Plus 4 in the house might be a bit much, particularly when going on holiday etc. I can dream though! (And I know my DH would be up for it, the bunnies have him completely under their paws!)

So glad it's going so well!

Makes a nice change to read a quad doing brilliantly together on first go :D:D

Sorry it's taken soo long to get some pics up but 1. I kept forgetting! and 2. I didn't want to jinx anything by admitting they have bonded successfully!

here's when they first met in the bath

20130717_122953_zpsd29e7a02.jpg

Bigwig and Papillon enjoying some yummy treats a customer of mine brought over for them :)

20130825_081336_zps13d68785.jpg

20130825_081320_zpsa7a439cb.jpg

I caught all 4 sitting quite close through the door and knew the second I opened it they would scatter so got a quick pic before

20130826_145750_zps5fd3fc97.jpg

20130826_145910_zpsba4b9c91.jpg

20130826_145951_zps0f5767c7.jpg

20130826_145946_zpsab8a82c9.jpg

20130826_150018_zps2f131601.jpg

20130826_150010_zps19cc9b7b.jpg

managed to get one of them all sat in a row :D

20130816_163413_zps67a25d72.jpg

Back