PDA

View Full Version : Clean hutch, dirty human...

Jaffacake
15-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I am absolutely filthy :lol:

Usually I clean one of the rabbits litter trays every day and the other every other day, and I sweep out the whole hutch and replace cardboard every week. About every 3 weeks I get the hose out and full on SCRUB it! As the weather is so hot I've been doing the whole hose thing much more often, and today I wanted the hutch gleaming. I am FILTHY :shock:. I was practically inside the hutch, and I dropped the hose, so it sprayed at me, and in scrambling to get out of it's way I covered myself in dirty hay and filth, and then I breathed in the disinfectant and started having a sneezing fit so I sounded like my snuffles bun Foxie, which meant I sprayed the hose on myself again. I then tried washing the carpets whilst trying to keep myself reasonably dry, but in the end I just ended up kneeling in the mud and scrubbing :lol:

The hutch is now cleaner than it has been since I bought it, but I am in desperate need of a shower :lol:
At least getting soaked cooled me down a bit :D

Oh the things I do for my rabbits!! :p

Fee
15-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Aww bless.. it is a horrible task, especially in this weather... Last week, I did that to my neighbours bunnies hutch, It was stinky indeed!!!!....

Enjoy a long soaky bath or shower later!

Fee x

Rabcat
15-07-2013, 04:39 PM
There's nowt like a bit of dirt to make a bath so worth it - so your the grubby bunny today :lol:

Jaffacake
15-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I definitely was the grubby one, bunnies look lovely and clean :love:
I rinsed my legs off with the hose ;) And then I cleaned the house a bit... no where near as good as the hutch though :lol:
I never got round to the bath. I had a nice cool shower this morning, and the idea of sitting in a hot bath tonight in this heat was just too much :/

Hahaha, I really am rabbit obsessed! :D