• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Average Daily Rate for Rabbit Holiday Boarding ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Just curious really. I have seen what looks to be an excellent place and the rates are only £12 a day. To be honest I thought it'd be a lot more than that. Especially the place I am referring to which really does look to be 5*

I am sure at holiday hutches I only pay £3.50 per rabbit per night. Its £5 for a pair in same hutch. Its not 5* by any means but they get a 6ft hutch, daily time out in a run and Lyn is brilliant at medicating Snowdrop.

My boarder charges £5 for a single and £2.50 for each additional rabbit.

The hutch and run system they had was huge.

I don't board but if people ask me to pet sit (not family and friends) I charge £5 per day, per animal. Boarding around here can be anywhere from £2.50 a day to about £10

I was expecting the average rate to be about £15 per day and that the place I saw online today to be at least £20 a day.

Do you take out some sort of Insurance if you do Boarding ?

I am NOT thinking of doing Boarding myself, god no that would mean having to deal with people :shock: I am just being nosy :oops: Very unlike me really !! :lol:

Round here you can pay between £6 a day for a pair sharing a 6ft hutch to £10 a day for a shed/larger pen. I would normally expect to pay £7-12 a day for a bonded pair depending on what was offered.

The biggest issue for me is that I tend to go away for just one or two nights and as you get charged for each part day, it can really bump up the cost for a short break.

I pay £16 per night for 2 bunnies sharing a massive indoor pen and £9 per night for 3 piggies in a 6ft hutch. It's not cheap but the level of care is second to none and it's fairly close to home so I consider it money well spent.

There was another thread on here about boarding costs not long ago and I think a lot of people seem like they are under charging tbh. £10-£20 per night for a pair seems about right to me, depending on location and accommodation offered. When you consider the time a pair of rabbits take daily, even with the bare minimum care and the cost of food, insurance, accommodation etc as well as the time it would take to properly clean and sanitise accommodation at the end of each day, I can't see how anyone can actually make any money charging less than that.

There was another thread on here about boarding costs not long ago and I think a lot of people seem like they are under charging tbh. £10-£20 per night for a pair seems about right to me, depending on location and accommodation offered. When you consider the time a pair of rabbits take daily, even with the bare minimum care and the cost of food, insurance, accommodation etc as well as the time it would take to properly clean and sanitise accommodation at the end of each day, I can't see how anyone can actually make any money charging less than that.

I thought the same thing :thumb:.

Back