• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to kill flies in rabbit's room. What do you use?

Kavanne

Mama Doe
A lot of small midge like flies have taken up residence near the main light in the living room. Conrad and clover live in there.

For tonight I've got some citronella tea lights going but tomorrow I want to murder them horribly, without causing c and c any harm. What do you recommend??

Ps bunny bums checked and all fine!

I agree for the little ones fly papers work well. Bigger ones you can try electric zappers.

I spent ages looking in the supermarket yesterday for something and ended up in Wilko buying some of those dangly sticky fly papers with no insecticide. I hung it up over the corner of the room Jaffa & Ren can't get to in case it falls down.

I wanted a citronella candle too but Wilko only had an ENORMOUS one for £12 or a pack of a million tealights.

I am thinking about getting some netting to put over the open window too.

They all seem to have committed suicide in the citronella candles in the night. Gonna get some fly paper in case I see any again though!

I had them in my office at work, if you're in there a glass of extra strong squash is a nice suicide spot for them...

we have a huge problem with fruit flies here and stuff like flypapers doesn't work with them, especially when you have a lot of fruit flies, so I keep a plastic grocery bag in the house that is half way filled with empty wrappers off of food (makes them feel secure) and some banana skin to lure them in. Then I release any I trapped outside everyday. It works really well for fruit flies, dunno how well it would work with other types of flies though.

Why not buy some Venus Flytrap plants? Environmentally friendly, no odour, no feeding other than the flies and just water.

I've recently bought two carnivorous plants........................they are great...and offer some warped enjoyment when I see the nasty flies being caught.:oops::oops:

Good though!!!!!

I have an electric fly swat, it's shaped like a tennis racket, so I end up going all Andy Murray on them :lol::roll:

Unfortunately if they don't stay in the bat, and I don't pick them up fast enough, the woofing hoover comes along >.< :roll::shock:

But it's really quick, and a lot less painless than fly paper or a fly spray :thumb: because I hate the thought of them suffering. :(

Back