• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Share your false alarm bunny stories!

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
Went out to feed them and Rosy dived on her pellets...Alfie didnt. Cue me worrying slightly as this was not like him at all. Gave him some hay - nothing. He let me pick him up - again not like him? So I go inside and ask mum if she has any ideas of feeding him stuff to tempt him. Came up with parsley but did he want it? No...so in a last ditch attempt I gave dandelions, thinking if he refused this, something was wrong. He decided to eat these:roll: then decided his parsley was nommy! I swear he enjoys me worrying! Hasn't eaten pellets or hay yet so will be checking on him again in 10 mins to see if he has changed his mind :roll:

What about everyone else? Do other bunnies do this?!

Not with food. Mine find other ways to panic me.

Kizzy was sitting on the windowsill, with Bob stretched out behind her (the patio windows, so only a couple of inches off the floor) She was very upright but her shoulders seemed almost hunched and it looked as if she was really uncomfortable. This was really strange for Kizzy who always lays with her back legs stretched out. My first thought was "OMG stasis!"

She shuffled her bottom backwards and then brought her front paws back as well (a bit like a worm moving backwards) repeated the process until poor Bob was pushed off the the windowsill and she could happily stretch out where he had been laying only moments before. :shock:

Not with food. Mine find other ways to panic me.

Kizzy was sitting on the windowsill, with Bob stretched out behind her (the patio windows, so only a couple of inches off the floor) She was very upright but her shoulders seemed almost hunched and it looked as if she was really uncomfortable. This was really strange for Kizzy who always lays with her back legs stretched out. My first thought was "OMG stasis!"

She shuffled her bottom backwards and then brought her front paws back as well (a bit like a worm moving backwards) repeated the process until poor Bob was pushed off the the windowsill and she could happily stretch out where he had been laying only moments before. :shock:

Hahaha! That is hilarious :lol:

Ludo has had 'worms' twice. Cue me panicking like mad.

Of course both times he'd eaten our worm-coloured carpet. :oops::oops:

Toshi likes to vanish for hours at a time, when we do find him he's typically DBFed :shock: He can never understand why we're waking him up from his nap and acting relieved :roll:

I once got half of the street out looking for Rory, thinking he'd somehow escaped when free ranging. We found him about half an hour later, sat in the corner of the garden watching us all :roll: In my defence, he was in the very back corner of the garden and was the same colour as the walls so blended in :lol:

Buckley feigns escape ALL THE TIME. He finds the most original and STUPID places to hide, places I can't even fit my hand in and yet he manages to squash himself in. If he ever did escape I probably wouldn't believe him.

Shooter tricked me into thinking he was dead! he was laying on the mattress under my bed really still, i decided to bang on the mattress a few times and wave in front of his face while i was feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous. After saying his name and banging and trying to get him to move, he finally decided to sit in another position.
Thanks shooter, i bet if i fainted he would sit there:p

Buckley feigns escape ALL THE TIME. He finds the most original and STUPID places to hide, places I can't even fit my hand in and yet he manages to squash himself in. If he ever did escape I probably wouldn't believe him.

Shooter is the same! You wonder how they fit into some of the places!!

Yesterday I was going upstairs when I heard a strange scrabbling noise from Fred's room. I went in to check on him and couldn't find him anywhere. I looked in all his usual places. Then I glanced at the desk and realised I'd left the window next to it slightly open! Cue major panicking, running across the room, leaning out of the window thinking I was bound to see a Fred splattered on the pavement :shock: Eventually found him DBFd in a dark shady corner under the bed!

I've done this many a time with my out. One of the many reason why I don't let them free range as much anymore. I always panic when I can't find them

My best one is from when I was a kid.

Brought my rabbit in called Jazmin (said Jasmine but that how I liked to spell it :lol:) and put her on the kitchen tablet to cut her claws while my Mother was cleaning out the rubbish bin. Jazmin sat on the table after I was done, waiting for her treat, when my mother called me from the other room. I dashed in fast, went and got the thing she wanted and ran back to the kitchen...And no Jazmin.

So I started looking for her. And still couldn't find her. So Mum joined in. Pretty soon we'd searched up and down the house in the garden and on the street. After 2 hours we came back with me broken hearted. I sat in the kitchen watching my mum make a special bunny shaped-chicken nugget cheer up dinner. She went to put the packet in the bin and...She started laughing hysterically! There was Jazmin at the bottom of the empty bin, looking back up at us all confused! :roll:

i've done this many a time with my out. One of the many reason why i don't let them free range as much anymore. I always panic when i can't find them

my best one is from when i was a kid.

Brought my rabbit in called jazmin (said jasmine but that how i liked to spell it :lol:) and put her on the kitchen tablet to cut her claws while my mother was cleaning out the rubbish bin. Jazmin sat on the table after i was done, waiting for her treat, when my mother called me from the other room. I dashed in fast, went and got the thing she wanted and ran back to the kitchen...and no jazmin.

So i started looking for her. And still couldn't find her. So mum joined in. Pretty soon we'd searched up and down the house in the garden and on the street. After 2 hours we came back with me broken hearted. I sat in the kitchen watching my mum make a special bunny shaped-chicken nugget cheer up dinner. She went to put the packet in the bin and...she started laughing hysterically! There was jazmin at the bottom of the empty bin, looking back up at us all confused! :roll:

lol funniest thing ever!!!!!!

Done a few things to Lola. :oops:

The one that gave me a scare. I had been tidying the flat and she had been following me so all was fine until she was not there! I searched the whole flat and found her in the curtins in bed room, they are floor length! She just looked at me if i was stupid and it was because i must have shut her int he room by accident! :oops::oops:

I found blood on the carpet and on Jacob's feet. I was panic stricken, phoning the vet whilst checking him all over, convinced he was dying. I bundled Jacob in the carrier and was just locking shutting and locking the back door when I trod in the blood. Except it was a squashed strawberry.:oops:

Back