• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please For Leila U/D Post 14

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
Leila is a lop rabbit at the shelter where I volunteer. When she came to the shelter she was absolutely terrified and if anyone tried to pet her would panic and run around her cage trying to get out. However she was slowly getting better with people and would let me pet her. I was hoping to bond her to Joshua in August once her hormones died down. She went in for her spay on July 1st and when I saw her last Thursday she was doing great. On Friday a hard abscess was discovered above her incision site, the vet is worried that since it is hard the abscess could be infected or cancerous :cry: She is going to be at the vet until Monday.

This is a picture of Leila, one of the first times we took her out to play. Since then she has became much more friendly and loves to explore :
206825_592343227453258_1033659415_n.jpg

Please send her lots of vibes, she is such a wonderful girl and just starting to learn how good life can be!

Last edited:
Oh bless her. Lots and lots of vibes that it is easily treatable and that she has a long and happy life ahead :love:

Thank you all for your vibes xxx

I really can't believe this happened, before her spay she was healthy (a bit skinny, but not horribly so), a great eater, and had normal poops. I think she would be perfect for Joshua and before this, I was just waiting to hopefully bond them and then adopt her. It's just such a shock :cry: I'm going to try to stop in on Tuesday and see what happened, though if the results are bad I might find out on Monday.

I'm going to be thinking of you and am sending all the vibes possible that she is going to be ok. She is so beautiful and it would be so lovely for this thread to have a really happy ending. I wonder if the lump could still be an abscess but just hard because of the scar tissue, as that is quite hard in itself I think. Please let us know as soon as you can. I'm feeling optimistic myself, as surely it doesn't make sense she was so well before if something sinister was going on.

Thank you again for your vibes!

I just got back from the shelter, Leila is doing great! When I went into the small animal she was tossing her toilet paper tube everywhere and later she was digging her phone book :D I talked to the head of the small animals and she said that the vet was able to remove the whole abscess and that Leila will make a full recovery! She's on Meta-cam and has Critical Care in addition to her regular pellets, apparently she ate some hay and her veggies.

I'm so happy that she made it :love::love:

Thank you again for your vibes!

I just got back from the shelter, Leila is doing great! When I went into the small animal she was tossing her toilet paper tube everywhere and later she was digging her phone book :D I talked to the head of the small animals and she said that the vet was able to remove the whole abscess and that Leila will make a full recovery! She's on Meta-cam and has Critical Care in addition to her regular pellets, apparently she ate some hay and her veggies.

I'm so happy that she made it :love::love:

That's fantastic news :D :D

Back