• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits struggling in the heat

marchi1990

Mama Doe
This heat really does have a lot to answer for.

This morning Woody was his usual bouncy self, sitting at his window waiting for breakfast.

Then the sun arrived and he now seems VERY lethargic - he has ice bottles, ice pad, fans and I have frozen water and fruit to make a sort of 'lolly.'

I don't know what else to do!

Any other buns struggling?

Rolo lives indoors - his pen is in the shade all day until early evening and he free ranges when we're at home anyway so always has access to plenty of shade but he still seems worn out all day! He comes out first thing in the morning and has half an hour on the patio as it's reasonably cool, and then that's him done in for the rest of the day!! He just lazes about and then when the sun comes round to his pen later, he lies in the direct sunlight! He's an odd bunny sometimes :lol:

Rolo lives indoors - his pen is in the shade all day until early evening and he free ranges when we're at home anyway so always has access to plenty of shade but he still seems worn out all day! He comes out first thing in the morning and has half an hour on the patio as it's reasonably cool, and then that's him done in for the rest of the day!! He just lazes about and then when the sun comes round to his pen later, he lies in the direct sunlight! He's an odd bunny sometimes :lol:

He sounds like a sun worshipper!! A couple of mine love the sun but Wood seems to find it tough.

Back