• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pensioners please............

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Let's have a thread for the oldies :D. I'm interested to know how many RU buns are in double figures so post yours here.

Here's Flora, who is 10 years and 4 months old.......

lovely bunnies. all four of mine are seven years old so we have a way to go yet. they're happy this morning, having been moved to a north facing room. they haven't yet objected to their compounds being a little smaller. at present, they're lolling about looking as if they did all the work.

now, what about these pensioners? these are over sixty-five

http://originals.last.fm/streams-releases/new-releases-david-bowie-devendra-banhart-wild-belle/
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/iggy-and-the-stooges-booked-for-sxsw-20130304
http://rossiterdrake.tripod.com/id20.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/03/prince-philip-duke-edinburg-unwell

My eldest is only 5 (ish). All others are less than 2. Hope they all look that good when they reach double figures :wave:

Here is Fozzie my oldest bunny who has turned 10 years old last month.
:love:

C6220C12-A647-48DC-B1FC-4D43C8880120-593-000000C5273F7185.jpg

Aww - we have some lovely oldies on RU :love:. Miss Bunny Penny takes the prize for the oldest so far. She's looking pretty good :thumb:.

Can I post about my bridge bun Mona? She died in April but lived to be over 11. Her husbun will be be 10 in August.

Here's Heather, she's 10.5 now. Her lifelong pal Harry died last year and she is now bonded with the gorgeous Bertram. Thankfully they adore each other and have a very similar bond. Heather's lacrimal glands have stopped working, meaning she suffers with dry eye which requires drops several times a day to keep her comfy and prevent ulceration.

Photo213.jpg

And here she is in her younger days :lol:
HPIM1135.jpg

And this is Dudley, he is also 10. I took him in temporarily in 2005, he was meant to be going up to honeybunnies but never made it past my front door :love: He was bonded with Santa for many years until she passed away, and he is now bonded with Mavis who keeps his icky eyes nice and clean. Here he is with Santa :love:

DSC00361.jpg

6dbd53e3.jpg

I took photos of Peter when I was down there, but I can't find where I put them :(

So have an old photo of him, he was 10 in May and only just starting to show his age (and finally lost some weight so not as round in this picture :lol:)

Oh found one from 2 years ago, his room is a bit bigger now

Right - question for you all - what have you always fed them?:love::lol:

...seriously;)

Loads of veggies a day, unlimited hay, fresh grass most days and a small quantity of SS pellets. Flora now has porridge oats and fattening fruit and veg every day to keep weight on (apple, carrot, sweetcorn etc). But she eats the same as all my bunnies and the eldest I've ever owned until now was 9 so I think it's just the luck of the draw to be honest. Flora always was a very robust bunny - never had stasis or anything else, other than nodular myxi before I'd owned her.

Loads of veggies a day, unlimited hay, fresh grass most days and a small quantity of SS pellets. Flora now has porridge oats and fattening fruit and veg every day to keep weight on (apple, carrot, sweetcorn etc). But she eats the same as all my bunnies and the eldest I've ever owned until now was 9 so I think it's just the luck of the draw to be honest. Flora always was a very robust bunny - never had stasis or anything else, other than nodular myxi before I'd owned her.

Wow, she had Myxi too - poor little bun - you've obviously looked after her well:thumb: It does seem, the less pellets the better doesn't it - and hay, hay, hay!

Here's Heather, she's 10.5 now. Her lifelong pal Harry died last year and she is now bonded with the gorgeous Bertram. Thankfully they adore each other and have a very similar bond. Heather's lacrimal glands have stopped working, meaning she suffers with dry eye which requires drops several times a day to keep her comfy and prevent ulceration.

Photo213.jpg

And here she is in her younger days :lol:
HPIM1135.jpg

And this is Dudley, he is also 10. I took him in temporarily in 2005, he was meant to be going up to honeybunnies but never made it past my front door :love: He was bonded with Santa for many years until she passed away, and he is now bonded with Mavis who keeps his icky eyes nice and clean. Here he is with Santa :love:

DSC00361.jpg

6dbd53e3.jpg

wow they look great :love::love::love:

Back