• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am Struggling :-(

Because you're putting them first rather than selfishly hanging on. So hard but absolutely the right thing. Hugs.

Sometimes they just stop fighting. You look at them, and you know... they want to be let go.
Be strong Jane.

Aww, Jane, you did the right thing for them, and in my opinion you always do what's best for your rabbits. I'm so sorry you are struggling today, sending hugs xx

Love is never easy and sometimes, it's doing the thing that hurts the most that proves how much we love. Sending you a hug xx

You absolutely did the right thing.

It's about quality of life.

They are together, at peace. Where they'd want to be.

x

You and C know it was the hardest but the right decision. The alternative would have been worse. You would have felt much worse if you had seen Tess suffering on her own. You know how hard it has been for a younger confident bunny like Lady Lydia and how she grieved and doesn't want anything to do with another male. Tess was a nervous girl and it would have been an ordeal for her without Stanley. I am sure if she could have talked, she would rather have gone with her Stanley.

I know it was traumatic. I hope you feel a bit better soon. xxx

You and C know it was the hardest but the right decision. The alternative would have been worse. You would have felt much worse if you had seen Tess suffering on her own. You know how hard it has been for a younger confident bunny like Lady Lydia and how she grieved and doesn't want anything to do with another male. Tess was a nervous girl and it would have been an ordeal for her without Stanley. I am sure if she could have talked, she would rather have gone with her Stanley.

I know it was traumatic. I hope you feel a bit better soon. xxx

Thank you. I know you are right. It was the 'best' decision for Tess. Not the sort of decision I want to have to make again any time soon though xx

Thank you. I know you are right. It was the 'best' decision for Tess. Not the sort of decision I want to have to make again any time soon though xx

Its must have been one of the hardest decisions you have had to make. I know making the decision for one is hard enough and it is something that you unfortunately never forget.

I try to think of it in human terms, how many elderly people would like to be left on their own, miserable and alone, not many. Some people are fine and cope well but a lot don't. James's mum has always said she never wants to be left on her own and wishes her and her husband could go together. I have met so many elderly people, mainly women, who have never been the same since they lost their husband, some simply exist. Only yesterday I spoke to a woman whose MIL hasn't left the house in 30 years. Never even walked outside to see the river, since her husband passed away. What sort of life is that.

Its must have been one of the hardest decisions you have had to make. I know making the decision for one is hard enough and it is something that you unfortunately never forget.

I try to think of it in human terms, how many elderly people would like to be left on their own, miserable and alone, not many. Some people are fine and cope well but a lot don't. James's mum has always said she never wants to be left on her own and wishes her and her husband could go together. I have met so many elderly people, mainly women, who have never been the same since they lost their husband, some simply exist. Only yesterday I spoke to a woman whose MIL hasn't left the house in 30 years. Never even walked outside to see the river, since her husband passed away. What sort of life is that.

that's really sad. :(

makes me think of my ex and his grandad. his grandad used to ring in the middle of the night, every night, crying and having nightmares, missing his wife who had passed away. :( i thought he had recently lost her. turns out it had been 15 years. :(

that's really sad. :(

makes me think of my ex and his grandad. his grandad used to ring in the middle of the night, every night, crying and having nightmares, missing his wife who had passed away. :( i thought he had recently lost her. turns out it had been 15 years. :(

That is tragic. :cry: Poor man.

Back