• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wine isnt helping me tonight

Den

Mama Doe
At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, I'm using wine as a crutch tonight after the awfulness of this morning but still can't sleep after oh made come to bed. I'm sure he's only asleep coz of his anti depressants but he's been so strong for me today. The surprise has been our son
He is 18 very soon and has taken the Mickey out of me on numerous occasions about how soppy I am over the buns but he has been in bits today after we lost poppy. I went into his room when I gave up on trying to sleep an hour ago and he had been googling to try to find out what had happened to our poppy girl. Bless him he told me it may had been the heat and he had put 2 bottles of water in the freezer to put near Will to keep him cool tomorrow. I hate seeing my boy upset,he's my only son (my others are stepsons) but I just haven't been able to be strong today.

I don't know what to say :( sending lots and lots of hugs to you and your family xx

Thanks I really appreciate all the messages even though they make me cry. Its like if a human dies suddenly from a heart attack its good they suffer but so much worse for those left behind. Once I'm a bit calmer I'll write a proper tribute to my Poppy-girl in the Rainbow Bridge.

Thanks I really appreciate all the messages even though they make me cry. Its like if a human dies suddenly from a heart attack its good they suffer but so much worse for those left behind. Once I'm a bit calmer I'll write a proper tribute to my Poppy-girl in the Rainbow Bridge.

i found it helped to write chesney's tribute a bit at a time. i just saved it until it was finished. it seemed too painful to do it all right away. :( i really feel for you. it's so horrible to go through.

i'm sure poppy is having fun at the bridge and watching over you all. xxx

Hi

I really do know how you feel. I was absolutely gutted when I lost my cat and was poorly for weeks with grieving for her. Thankfully I still have my buns at the mo but absolutely dread losing any of them and know that I will be in pieces.

People here will really understand how you are feeling. Sending hugs for you all.

I hope your little Will is okay xxxx

Sending you and your son big hugs.
I do nor beleive it was anything you had done, they are such delicate creatures and can live with underlying problems for so long and hide the signs.
Thinking of you xxxxxx

Back